Batch Replace (after csv upload) Error: "Upload failed. This file matches existing resources: undefined"

Jess Wynands

Jun 2, 2016, 5:53:42 AM6/2/16
to ResourceSpace
Could anyone please help with this error message?

I've run several test csv imports in the last few hours - metadata importing OK in v7.7 - dates are not working as expected, but that's another matter.

I've then gone to upload the actual resources via the batch replace method & received the above error message every time.
  • I've selected the 'match filenames with resource IDs' option (only) & run the upload - that error message appears
  • I've selected the Original Filename field & ticked the 'match filenames' option & run the upload - same error message
  • I've selected the Original Filename field (only) & run the upload - same error message
  • I've renamed the Original Filename field to Filename & rerun all 3 methods above - SAME ERROR MESSAGE
Please, brainstrust, any/all responses would be very much welcome... this is becoming a little frustrating... I would dearly love this feature to work!

Many thanks in advance :)

Robert Damrau

Jun 2, 2016, 9:50:33 AM6/2/16
to ResourceSpace
Can you enable developer tools in your browser and check the response from upload_plupload.php for the actual error code and message after you tried uploading?
(In Chrome: Developer Tools - Network - Select upload_plupload.php - Response)

Could look something like this:

{"jsonrpc" : "2.0", "error" : {"code": 106, "message": "ERROR - no resource found with filename XXX"}, "id" : "id"}

Lars Viggo Høyer

Jun 3, 2016, 5:23:44 AM6/3/16
to ResourceSpace
Had the same problem on a new installation. I my case it was fixed by editing the php.ini to correct the values for:

upload_max_filesize =
post_max_size =

to the values you need.

LarsV

Jess Wynands

Jun 5, 2016, 12:13:00 AM6/5/16
to ResourceSpace
Thanks Robert for your quick reply.  Unfortunately the error happened on my client's Mac & I've not been able to get back on site for the last few days - it's also not replicating on my PC, despite multiple tests with different file types!

I've run those PC tests while watching the Chrome Dev Tools > Network panel, so I can confirm seeing the upload_plupload.php display in the list - plus have located the response script, which for the successful uploads has read either SUCCESS 10 / 11 / 12, or for a few instances {"jsonrpc" : "2.0", "result" : null, "id" : "id"}.

I'll keep an eye on the responses on the Mac - it'll most likely be a couple more days before I can get there again though.

Thanks again for responding so quickly.

Jess Wynands

Jun 5, 2016, 12:28:21 AM6/5/16
to ResourceSpace
Hi Lars,

Glad I wasn't the only one!  Did it happen on a Mac or PC for you?

Good point on changing the default upload sizes, however I'm hesitant to modify another file as this database package is going to be handed over to the client at some point, so the less files to replace the better.

Would a good alternative be to add some lines in the config.php file, eg the one below, taken from config.default?
# Configure the maximum upload file size; this directly translates into plupload's max_file_size if set
# $plupload_max_file_size = '50M';

If so, would the line for post_max_size therefore be $plupload_post_max_size = x; ?

Cheers,
Jess
Message has been deleted

Jess Wynands

Jun 7, 2016, 4:52:35 AM6/7/16
to ResourceSpace
Hi Robert,

I've run another few tests wth the same small collection of 4 files & produced the same error.  For what it's worth, these files are all pdf & the file sizes are (according to Finder): 3.9MB, 3.5MB, 2.2MB, 1.5MB.
I've not yet made any changes to the base config instructions re file types or sizes, nor added any scripts specifically about plupload.

Let me step you through my actions in testing:

Before running the first test this time I checked & cleared out the filestore: \apps\resourcespace\htdocs\filestore\tmp\plupload\c3a34280a1c5fdef4cfb08222eb244fd - there were multiple copies of the files I'd tried to upload in that folder.

Note, I'd also removed (at the end of last session on 2 June) the duplicate item records in ResourceSpace so there was only 1 instance of the metadata imported via csv.  The csv comprises: filename, title, category, physicalItem (yes) & the required fields, ie resource_type, status, access.  Nothing terribly special there, however it may be important to know that in my first attempts at testing I included a Path field, which specified the full filepath & filename of the item.  It didn't appear to do anything, & after finding only the metadata present I deleted those resources from RS & ran another few csv imports with initially variations on the Path syntax, & then ultimately no Path specified at all.  I included that field because I've used that method for bulk importing into other systems & hadn't yet figured out that RS has a 2 step process; I do wonder if perhaps that info has been stored somewhere by RS & maybe that's what is interfering with my batch replace process.

Anyway, after running the first test today I had just 1 copy of the files nominated in the csv (4 files in total).  I also searched in the \apps\ folder for any other copies of files uploaded & only found the 1 copy of each.

I ran a second test today, partly to double check the responses, & again before retesting I cleared the filestore folder (above), then this time chose only 3 of the 4 files, as an extra failsafe to bring the total batch size to well under 10MB.  Again no luck.

The error responses received were, for example:
{"jsonrpc" : "2.0", "error" : {"code": 107, "message": "ERROR - multiple resources found with filename BoulderHonourRollClarencePond.pdf. Resource IDs : 9,13,17"}, "id" : "id" }
{"jsonrpc" : "2.0", "error" : {"code": 107, "message": "ERROR - multiple resources found with filename NotificationofKIAClarencePond03Jun1918 copy.pdf. Resource IDs : 11,15,19"}, "id" : "id" }
{"jsonrpc" : "2.0", "error" : {"code": 107, "message": "ERROR - multiple resources found with filename ClarencePondCardAustralianNatives\'AssociationMembership25Jul1912.pdf. Resource IDs : 10,14,18"}, "id" : "id" }

FYI, the second response above re 'Notification...' also reads, in the response preview: {jsonrpc: "2.0", error: {code: 107, message: 10, undefined: 18, "}, ": " : "}}.  The others provide the full message or ... in the preview.

Hope the above helps.

Many thanks,

Jess.

:: note: the original response was deleted as this revised version is more explanatory ::

Jess Wynands

Jun 19, 2016, 3:38:38 AM6/19/16
to ResourceSpace
Hi Robert,
Just wondering if you have any further thoughts on the error, please?
Many thanks,
Jess

On Thursday, 2 June 2016 23:50:33 UTC+10, Robert Damrau wrote:
Message has been deleted

Patrick Crausaz

Jul 18, 2016, 3:04:19 AM7/18/16
to ResourceSpace

I just had the same error.
After setting upload_max_filesize =  to a higher value, the error was gone.

Cynthia Tjhie

Sep 8, 2016, 4:44:21 PM9/8/16
to ResourceSpace
Same problem, but after some batch uploads, not sure what to do, anyone?

Selena Chau

Jan 2, 2017, 5:21:22 PM1/2/17
to ResourceSpace