Allow users to edit their contributed resources after state has been set to active

Michael Hampicke

Apr 9, 2013, 7:46:14 AM4/9/13
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends,

I just seem to have hit a snag. When the state of user contributed resources has been set to active, the contribution user is not able to change his own resources. I can give the user group in question the e0 permission (Edit access to workflow state 'Active') but then users in this group and edit and even delete all images, not just their own.

Is there a away to achieve this? Let users only edit their own resources after state has been set to active?

Best regards,
Michael

Allison Stec

Apr 9, 2013, 9:16:09 AM4/9/13
to ResourceSpace
you could try using the edit_filter under group management in system setup:

Stefan Wild

Apr 9, 2013, 9:25:21 AM4/9/13
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

unfortunately I don't think that's possible, currently. I have changed a few things recently that 1) enable users who do have edit access to also have open access and 2) by setting $open_access_for_contributor=true; enable contributors to have open access to their own contributions even after they have been set to restricted by another user. On the editing side of things I don't see that implemented.

I will look into it. Is there anyone else interested in a way to give contributors edit access on status active only if it's their own contribution? This would probably mean, though, that they can also set it to active themselves (bypassing the approval workflow).

Regards,
Stefan

--
ResourceSpace Hosting

Michael Hampicke

Apr 9, 2013, 9:50:29 AM4/9/13
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefan,

thx for your reply. Setting permission to e0 would mean bypassing the workflow as you mentioned. With edit filtering mentioned by Allison I could at least prevent user from user from editing/deleting resources of other users.
Maybe I just do nothing an prevent users from editing active resources. I guess I ask the people here, if it is really necessary or how often they think this would be the case. I mean an admin can always remove the active state from resources thus allowing users to edit again. After that the files have to be approved again.

Best Regards,
Michael

PS: on google groups: is it common to top post or to bottom post?

Anders Stokke

Aug 21, 2016, 6:10:26 AM8/21/16
to ResourceSpace
I would! I was wondering though, if it was possible to use the edit filter Allison mentions. I have not done the homework on the implementation of that yet and do not know how it is implemented, but could it be possible to write something like !propertiescu:[currentuser] in the edit filter?