Search within results on status - possible?

Frederick Yocum

Sep 19, 2016, 7:33:50 AM9/19/16
to ResourceSpace
We often have collections with mixed status. Some are active, some pending review, etc. It would be helpful to be able to isolate photographs of just one status while viewing the collection. Using a short code of status (status:1, status:-1) when searching within these results does not find anything. At least not when I have attempted it.

Does anyone know whether it possible to narrow down searched result/collection on status? What is the syntax?

TIA

Allison Stec

Sep 19, 2016, 7:38:10 AM9/19/16
to resour...@googlegroups.com, Frederick Yocum
You can adjust the url to include “&archive=#” or change the number if that parameter already exists.

There’s no graphical refinement available, though you can use advanced search to select an archive level initially. You can also add this info as a column in list view and then sort on the column.
--
ResourceSpace: Open Source Digital Asset Management
http://www.resourcespace.org

Frederick Yocum

Sep 19, 2016, 2:43:08 PM9/19/16
to ResourceSpace, fred...@frederickyocum.com
@Allison

Thanks! So “archive” is “status.”

Here is what I can do. Search for Syria arrive at 3,248 hits. Press the refine link and arrive at the url (instead of search.php). Add the additional search variable archive (&archive=-2). This gives me 49 resources all of which, if I open them individually, have the status of Pending Submission. So far so, pretty much what I asked for, the ability to refine a search using status . . . I mean archive.

Then it gets a little complicated. Try and navigate the resources through the resource panel (view next result) and you end up navigating all the resources. Try to add the resulting search to a new collection and you end up with all 3,248 resources of the original search term.