How do I generate files for a new download/preview size?

cpet...@themorgan.org

Sep 27, 2016, 12:10:09 PM9/27/16
to ResourceSpace
We have added a new download/preview size to our ResourceSpace. Files are being generated for new resources that are being added, but have not been generated for all the existing resources. I know that we can run update_previews.php against a collection, but is there a way to limit it to just our size id? We have thousands of images, and don't really need all the other sized files regenerated - only this new size.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. ~Chad

adam jawamann

Sep 30, 2016, 5:36:22 AM9/30/16
to ResourceSpace
Maybe in URL path it can be defined,i will try it,but is it do big problem to update all previews?during the night you can start cron for that

cpet...@themorgan.org

Sep 30, 2016, 10:11:51 AM9/30/16
to ResourceSpace
We currently have 7 different derivative sizes, over 50,000 resources, and virtually all of our source material is extremely high-res TIF or DNG. I can expend the system resources to regenerate ALL the derivatives, but it just doesn't seem like a prudent use of our resources - especially since I only need 1 size generated.

I would have thought that this process would have been already been built into the code for adding new sized derivatives.

~Chad

adam jawamann

Oct 4, 2016, 9:45:52 AM10/4/16
to ResourceSpace
There is file "upadate_resource_file_sizes.PHP" in pages/tools...

I think it can make what you need