Stuck on Please Wait loading page

Jason Chen

May 3, 2017, 4:10:55 PM5/3/17
to ResourceSpace
Hi Anyone has this problem, if I try to open a page , for example --I click manage users
On home page it will stuck on please wait, and it will never go to the page.
I need to refresh from the current page and if I try open the new page again, it will work.
Anyone has this problem?

Thanks

Allison Stec

May 3, 2017, 4:28:52 PM5/3/17
to resour...@googlegroups.com
I’ve seen this happen when there’s a javascript error. You can check for this error in the browser’s console.

Allison Stec

--
ResourceSpace: Open Source Digital Asset Management
http://www.resourcespace.com

Jason Chen

May 3, 2017, 4:46:59 PM5/3/17
to ResourceSpace
Thanks Allison, I will watch it next time.
So if it's a JAVASCRIPT error, how can this be fixed?

Allison Stec

May 3, 2017, 5:33:18 PM5/3/17
to resour...@googlegroups.com
The error info will shed light on that.

Allison Stec

Jason Chen

May 9, 2017, 10:56:53 AM5/9/17
to ResourceSpace

jquery-1.12.4.min.js:4 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
send@jquery-1.12.4.min.js:4

Any idea for this?  This is not an error, just a warning.

Allison Stec

May 9, 2017, 1:47:34 PM5/9/17
to resour...@googlegroups.com
That warning isn’t related to this issue, though something is holding up the page load.

I recently was notified that a client of mine had a similar issue and the page was waiting for the default font to load from google. I was easily able to see this on Chrome at the bottom-left of the app window. This caused page loading issues sporadically, and not all the time.

Are you able to see anything like this?

Allison Stec

Jason Chen

May 9, 2017, 1:52:22 PM5/9/17
to ResourceSpace
My issue does happen sporadically, not every time. I am not sure if it was the font issue. Will take a Look.

Thanks

Jason Chen

May 12, 2017, 4:23:17 PM5/12/17
to ResourceSpace

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

This the 2 errors I got, any idea?

Thanks

Jason Chen

May 12, 2017, 6:15:19 PM5/12/17
to ResourceSpace
Looks like the old RS has this file

But I checked the folder, I don't see these png files,  why it's still trying to load these pictures?

Felix Blackburn

Sep 21, 2017, 1:47:12 PM9/21/17
to ResourceSpace
Hi,

I was having the "Loading..." page problem and figured out it was this setting in config.php:

# add user and access information to collection results in the collections panel dropdown
# this extends the width of the dropdown and is intended to be used with $collections_compact_style
# but should also be compatible with the traditional collections tools menu.
$collection_dropdown_user_access_mode=false;

Changed it to true and voila, all working fine for me.

FB

FAU Kommunikation/Presse

Sep 22, 2017, 3:47:00 AM9/22/17
to ResourceSpace
This is no high level feedback, but our solution for the "Please weit"/Loading problem was simply deleting some of the recently uploaded resources. Because the problem affected only one page. So we don't have an explanation or proper solution so far, but we could narrow the affected images a bit (lowering the count of shown images to 24).
We don't have the option $collection_dropdown_user_access active in the config.php - so there seem to be several reasons for this problems?

Jason Chen

Sep 25, 2017, 11:08:59 AM9/25/17
to ResourceSpace
I will try this, thanks