DL2 SD card files

Derek Hyland

Apr 12, 2018, 3:32:30 AM4/12/18
to Resol Vbus
I would like ti know if there is an existing app or software that can read the binary daily data files on a DL2 SD card.
I have found the file format needed to read the data, but it contains multiple record types (two as far as I can tell) with different lengths, and to be honest, this complexity currently surpasses my coding abilities. Also as this is basically a one off exercise, as I need to recover the daily energy values for a particular month, given that due to a hardware comms error, I cannot currently retrieve this from the VBus portal. My sole source of historical data what is on the SD card (which has been duly backup up).

I thought that the RESOL Viewer would be able to read this info, but it seems it can only handle ASCII files (.txt, csv, etc.)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Daniel Wippermann

Apr 14, 2018, 1:50:55 AM4/14/18
to Derek Hyland, resol...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,

there are multiple options:

1) The RESOL ServiceCenter software has a function to convert DL2 SD card data to text. I think it was on the "Protocol information" tab of the "VBus logging" module. Link to the download page: http://www.resol.de/index/software/sprache/en

2) I personally needed something more scriptable and wrote a converter / formatter myself. It is available as part of the "resol-vbus.rs" project here: https://github.com/danielwippermann/resol-vbus.rs/tree/master/examples/formatter The README contains some examples on how to use it. You need a Rust installation to build it (see https://www.rust-lang.org/en-US/ for details).

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Daniel