Configure DeltaSol CS Plus from LAN

Sébastien Etter

Feb 10, 2014, 4:24:03 PM2/10/14
to resol...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys !

Is it possible to configure a DeltaSol CS Plus from LAN (connected to a DL 2) ? With telnet or something like this ?

Thanks in advance for your response

Sébastien

Daniel Wippermann

Feb 12, 2014, 1:44:42 PM2/12/14
to Resol Vbus
Hi Sébastien,

well, technically yes, but since (after a short human readable handshake of the credentials) the remainder of the parameterization procedure is binary data I would advise against doing it manually :)

Neither the RESOL ServiceCenter (RSC) nor the RESOL Parameterization Tool (RPT) currently include support for the CS Plus. So one option would be to ping RESOL tech support staff and ask them when that will be available.

The other option is quite a bit harder, since it would require to you to perform the VBus parameterization communication sequence yourself…

If you do not mind getting your hands „dirty“ on a command line tool I could perhaps assemble an example script to set parameters. One caveat: it would need Node.js to run although that should not be a problem for most OSes.

Best regards,
    Daniel

Sent with Mail Pilot

Sikit

Mar 26, 2014, 10:56:19 AM3/26/14
to resol...@googlegroups.com
Hello Daniel,

We had actually the same problem that Sebastien.

We work with a DL2 and a DeltaSol CS +, we want read and write the parameters of the CS +, but not with the Soft design by Resol since he hasn't  the last update.
( we have send a e-mail to Resol and we are waiting the answer)

We are interested by an example of your script, who we can use to do this.

Thanks for advance

Mickaël & David

Daniel Wippermann

Apr 3, 2014, 1:56:53 PM4/3/14
to Resol Vbus
Hi Mickael, David and Sebastien,

my current focus for the JavaScript VBus library I’m developing is actually a generic way to perform configuration of a controller in a optimized way (much like the RESOL RPT software does). But the code involved in this task is very much in flux at the moment and I am not satisfied enough to publish it yet.

Once the generic code is ready I’ll prepare a sample script and inform you. But it might take a week or two… And I'll have to find a CS+ for testing...

Sébastien Etter

Apr 8, 2014, 8:27:06 AM4/8/14
to resol...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

If it's usefull for you, i can put my DL2 with CS+ on the internet. Let me know.

I'm following your project on github and have some knowledge of node.js so maybe i can help you.

How do you proceed when you want to add new controllers (like CS+) to you project ? Packet sniffing ?

Thanks for your work  !

Sébastien.

Daniel Wippermann

Apr 9, 2014, 12:04:05 PM4/9/14
to Resol Vbus
Hi Sebastien,

it would be very helpful to have access to that device. I’ll contact you off-list for details.

There are two pieces of information per controller that I need for the project:

1) The VBus protocol version 1 payload structure. It is documented in XML files within the RESOL ServiceCenter software. So I just download a copy of the RSC installer from the official website, extract the contents and convert all the  VBusSpecification*.xml files using a tool that is part of the repo: https://github.com/danielwippermann/resol-vbus/tree/master/examples/specification-importer

2) The VBus protocol version 2 value list. Each parameter in the controller has a unique index. Using this index the parameter is also accessible for remote configuration over the VBus protocol version 2. For older controllers the value lists are part of the RSC installer. For newer controllers (which I currently focus on) they are part of the RPT installer. So my planned workflow for the value list is similar to the one described in 1) but uses different files as input. The importer tool for those is currently work-in-progress and not yet ready for integration into the repository.

Since the protocols themselves are publicly documented no reverse engineering / packet sniffing should be necessary.

In case of the DeltaSol CS Plus there currently is a caveat: at the moment it is not part of the public RPT installer. So I have to cheat a bit… :)

Daniel Wippermann

Apr 27, 2014, 10:52:37 AM4/27/14
to Resol Vbus, Sébastien Etter
Hi Mickael & David,

just wanted to inform you that the CS Plus support for the controller configuration is up in the GitHub repo.

I included a small example command line app that takes JSON files as configuration jobs and transfers the values to or from the controller.

Sebastien was kind enough to give me access to his CS Plus for testing, thanks again, that was very helpful!

You find additional information about the process of customizing the controller configuration and the example app here:

If you have any additional questions or feedback don’t hesitate to ask!

Sam S.

Jan 4, 2016, 6:59:46 AM1/4/16
to Resol Vbus
Hi Daniel,

Would you have a few minutes on Skype or phone to chat about your development needs?

My phone: +1 812 610 8373
Skype: biggsharktech
Direct email: busi...@biggshark.com

I'll be waiting for your reply.