Meteorological Station on vbus

Fernando Martinez

Nov 13, 2017, 11:48:07 AM11/13/17
to Resol Vbus
Hi,

Does anyone know of a meteorological station that can be connected via VBUS?

I want to have more data, as solar radiation, outside temperature... together with the data provided by the RESOL controller.

Many thanks,

fernando

Tryphon

Jan 21, 2018, 6:55:20 PM1/21/18
to Resol Vbus
Hello,

I do not know this type of meteo station ... but if you reverse your question : is it possible to mix data from a meteo station, a Resol controller via a Datalogger or a Vbus adapter, an electricity monitor, or other device that produces data?

Yes, for example, you can go with Weewx software (free) written in Python : http://www.weewx.com/ and https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/weewx-user

When you master the setup of this software you can have all your graphical data in one html page available with the Weewx server started (in a Pi for example). The tricky part is to create a new custom service to grab data from new devices but it is well documented. I use a Accurite meteo station (cheap), a Deltasol MX + Vbus/USB adapter and a TED Pro energy monitor (not cheap). Weewx collects all my data (5 min steps) and store them in a database.

Have fun.
Panel.jpg

Raphael Mack

Jan 23, 2018, 5:10:20 AM1/23/18
to resol...@googlegroups.com
Am Sonntag, den 21.01.2018, 15:55 -0800 schrieb Tryphon:
> Yes, for example, you can go with Weewx software (free) written in
> Python : http://www.weewx.com/ and https://groups.google.com/forum/#!
> forum/weewx-user

Or in case you think of even further extending it, you might want to
look at openhab, which can do the "complete" home automation in the long
term. It supports various data sources by different bindings and AFAIK
there are some weather stations supported. The Resol binding is not yet
very ripe and included in the main distribution, but I can help setting
it up.

Regards,
Rapha