DL2 not communicating to 'Joule' Deltasol BS HE

Bren Whyte

Aug 31, 2017, 3:28:12 PM8/31/17
to Resol Vbus
Hi,

Issue similar to this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/resol-vbus/83zQQHmEa_8

I have a
DL2 Rev 2.2.1 (201703291131)
connected to
'Joule' Deltasol BS HE

I can communicate to the DL2 over the network.
When I go to Live Data, I get 'No live data!'
With a voltmeter on the bus I too can see activity.

I've attached the file from:
http://<IP of your DL2>/current/current_packets.vbus

And service center show this:

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Bren

current_packets.vbus

Daniel Wippermann

Aug 31, 2017, 3:37:43 PM8/31/17
to resol...@googlegroups.com, Bren Whyte
Hi Bren,

thanks for the detailed information. It looks like the VBus specification of your Joule DeltaSol BS HE has not been added to the list of supported devices yet. I'm trying to correct that tomorrow and will keep you posted.

Best regards,
Daniel

Bren Whyte

Aug 31, 2017, 7:56:57 PM8/31/17
to Resol Vbus
Hi Daniel,

Wow, that wqs quick!
Thanks a mill for checking this out for me. If there's anything else i can check for you just let me know.

Bren

Daniel Wippermann

Sep 2, 2017, 3:52:32 PM9/2/17
to resol...@googlegroups.com, Bren Whyte
Hi Bren,

sorry, it took a bit longer than expected to find the necessary information.

I have sent you an updated VBus specification file for your DL2 in a separate mail (off-list). Just log into the web interface, go to "Device Config" / "General" / "Firmware update" / "VBus specification" and use the "Upload" button to transfer this file to your device. It will check the contents for consistency and if the file is okay you are offered to either install or discard the update.

The install of the update restarts the datalogger and after that you should see your controller's data under the "Live" section of the web interface.

Updating your RSC will not be as easy as updating the DL2. It is most certainly easier to wait for RESOL to roll out an updated version rather than fiddle with the XML files in the RSC installation yourselves.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Daniel

Bren Whyte

Sep 4, 2017, 7:47:47 AM9/4/17
to Resol Vbus, bren...@gmail.com

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for the updated vbus specification, it worked perfectly.
I can now see live data and saved data for the last few days.

Should I also disabled the automatic update too?

One other thing, maybe you can't help here.
I've added the DL2 to vbus.net and it sees it as online fine.
I'm unable to add any filters though. No data fields are found. Would it be related to the above update?

Thanks again for you help. It would have been an expensive paperweight otherwise!

Regards
Bren
Deltasol_BS_HE.jpg

Daniel Wippermann

Sep 5, 2017, 5:17:43 AM9/5/17
to resol...@googlegroups.com, Bren Whyte
Hi Bren,

thanks for the feedback. Glad it works for you now.

You can let the auto-update activated because the next official version of the VBus specification file will contain your BS HE as well. It should be officially released in the next couple of days.

The empty filter problem you are experiencing originates from the same problem: VBus.net still uses an outdated VBus specifcation as well and does not yet know that device. But the VBus.net team is already aware of the situation and will install the updated VBus specification in the next couple of days. Once I get feedback from them I'll let you know.

Best regards,
Daniel

Bren Whyte

Sep 5, 2017, 1:46:01 PM9/5/17
to Resol Vbus, bren...@gmail.com
Hi Daniel,

Perfect, thank you so much for your help so far.
I have to admit, this is probably the quickest and most effiectent support I've experianced. You're a credit to Resol.

Thanks again.
Bren

Daniel Wippermann

Sep 6, 2017, 12:23:13 AM9/6/17
to resol...@googlegroups.com, Bren Whyte
Hi Bren,

thanks, I appreciate your feedback!

I just got word from the VBus.net team that the updated VBus specification is installed on the server and gets distributed to dataloggers using auto-update. Now you should be able to create a filter :)

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your support!

Best regards,
Daniel

Am 5. September 2017 um 19:46:02, Bren Whyte (bren...@gmail.com) schrieb:

Hi Daniel,