DL2 v2 - "no live data!" error

Robert Schifreen

Dec 9, 2013, 7:44:23 AM12/9/13
to resol...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I upgraded my DL2 yesterday from 1.4.6 to v2 firmware.  Now, when I go to the live data view I get "no live data!" error message.  If I download the data, there isn't any - just a 15 byte file with a date/time header line and nothing else.

Do I need to change the connection to the solar controller, or something?  It was all working just fine under 1.4.6.

Thanks,

Rob

Daniel Wippermann

Dec 9, 2013, 12:14:39 PM12/9/13
to resol...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

to find out why your DL2 does no longer presents any live data to you it would be helpful to get an insight on what data your DL2 actually receives. Can you please download the live data as "VBus protocol data" and send it over to me?

1. Login to your DL2 webinterface

2. Replace parts of the URL in the browser's address bar to look like:

http://<YOUR-DL2-IP>/dlx/download/download?outputType=vbus&source=current

3. Hit ENTER and wait for the download to start.

Best regards,
Daniel

Robert Schifreen

Dec 9, 2013, 3:44:20 PM12/9/13
to resol...@googlegroups.com

Hi Daniel,

I did as you said, and I get a .vbus file of zero length.  Very odd.

In case you're interested, it's connected to a DeltaSol E, and the Deltasol is still displaying live data correctly on its panel.

Rob

Daniel

Dec 16, 2013, 1:51:13 AM12/16/13
to resol...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

have you already solved the problem? I sent you a mail last week and did not hear back from you :)

Best regards,
    Daniel

Robert Schifreen

Dec 16, 2013, 2:41:45 AM12/16/13
to resol...@googlegroups.com
No, I've not solved the problem.  I never received your mail.  Could you re-send it please?  Thank you.

Robert

Daniel Wippermann

Dec 17, 2013, 12:21:29 AM12/17/13
to Resol Vbus
Hi Rob,

I resent it a couple of hours ago, please check your spam folder as well if it did not make it into your inbox directly.

Best regards,
Daniel

Ernesto Garcia Orduñez

Feb 18, 2017, 12:42:59 AM2/18/17
to Resol Vbus, daniel.w...@googlemail.com
sorry for contact to you for this way, my english is very poor so sorry again :-) I am trying to use your library resol-vbus-java-master, maybe i dont search correctly because my internet is very bad :-) I need your help for obtain the data from a resol device, using your library I connect correctly, bot I dont have idea about obtain this data after. Can you help me with some example using your library, Thanks.

Daniel Wippermann

Feb 18, 2017, 1:21:45 AM2/18/17
to Ernesto Garcia Orduñez, Resol Vbus
Hi Ernesto,

if you have a DL2/DL3/KM1/KM2, there is an example included in the library that you can use as a starting point:

You need to change at least lines 55 and 56 to use the correct IP address and password of your device.

The app will then try to establish a connection (lines 57 and 81) and register a listener that gets called when a data packet is received from the controller (line 72).

If such a packet is received it is added to the "HeaderSetConsolidator". The HeaderSetConsolidator stores the packet (possibly replacing an older version of the same packet signature). In addition to that it is configured to call another listener every 10 seconds (line 100, expressed as 10.000 ms).

This listener then calls the "processHeaderSet" function in line 114 which will print all received packet data to the console.

After configuring the credentials in lines 55 and 56 try to run the app and see, whether you see console output regularly (you can speed things up be decreasing the milliseconds interval in line 100).

If that works the next step would be to replace the console output with a real data storage (SQL database, MQTT, webservice, ...)

I hope that helps you.

Best regards,
 Daniel

Robert Schifreen

Feb 18, 2017, 4:57:11 PM2/18/17
to resol...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Ernesto.  It was not my library.  I was just a user who had a problem.

Robert