Extend IntelliSense

Kelby Hunt

Jan 5, 2016, 4:44:45 PM1/5/16
to resharper-plugins
Hi all,

I am looking to override the symbol icons that appear in IntelliSense to the left of the names of what is being populated. I have the basic plugin project ready but cannot find any documentation or samples of how to extend or override pieces in the IntelliSense. Can anyone point me in the right direction to help me get started?

Matt Ellis

Jan 6, 2016, 6:22:24 AM1/6/16
to resharper-plugins
Hi Kelby, yes, you can override the icons used by certain elements. For example, unit test methods and classes are marked with a unit test icon, and you can do pretty much the same thing from your own code.

You want to check out the IDeclaredElementIconProvider interface, which allows for returning a custom icon for a given declared element. See the docs here: https://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/devguide/PSI/Icons.html#extending-the-icon-manager

Regards
Matt