Upgrade to 2016.2 failed. Tests cannot validate PrecalculatedPartCatalog.

Sebastian P.

Aug 24, 2016, 10:04:29 PM8/24/16
to resharper-plugins
Hey,

I'm trying to upgrade a ReSharper plugin from 2016.1 to 2016.2. The upgrade of the SDK was smooth and I only encountered a single breaking change of an API. Thanks! :D

However, we have some R# Tests in the project that are based on the R# test environment and, unfortunately, the test startup fails with the following exception:

Could not validate the embedded PrecalculatedPartCatalog for package assembly JetBrains.Platform.ProjectModel.NuGet.dll because the MVID could not be retrieved from the installed assembly file. The system cannot find the file specified.

You will find the complete Stacktrace at http://pastebin.com/zakx2NaR

It seems that I am missing an assembly file. The installation of the SDK went fine though. Any suggestions, what went wrong? I already did a clean build and also tried manually removing the bin/obj folders to no avail.

I'm grateful for any pointers.

best
Sebastian

Sebastian P.