ReSharper menu disappears after running our plugin (R#9.1 EAP)

Ingmar van Dijk

Feb 25, 2015, 5:17:17 AM2/25/15
to resharpe...@googlegroups.com
We have rebuilt our plugin for R#9.1 EAP (following your suggestions from the "Guidance for 9.1 EAP" thread).

When installing our plugin and restarting Visual Studio the ReSharper menu is still visible. However, once I click the ReSharper menu (where our plugin adds an Action), our Action does not show up. We have some code in the "Update" method of the action to determine whether it should be visible. It could be that in 9.1 EAP, our plugin is not performing the detection correctly and makes the presentation invisible (we would love to debug this).

However... When we shutdown our Visual Studio Experimental Hyve and open it again, the whole ReSharper menu is not available. This means that we cannot debug our action code because the "Update" method will never get called.

We have confirmed that our plugin is loaded correctly because the debugger hits breakpoints in our SolutionComponents.

I'm expecting we have an issue with our ActionGroup and Action annotations. Did something change there in R#9.1 EAP?

Our ActionGroup is:

[ActionGroup("Recorder", ActionGroupInsertStyles.Separated, Id = 90213)]
public class RecorderActionGroup : IAction, IInsertLast<VsMainMenuGroup>
{
        public RecorderActionGroup(ArchiveFilesActionHandler archiveAction)
        {

        }
}

Our Action is:

 [Action("OurNameSpace.ArchiveFiles", "Archive Files", Id = 90210)]
 public class ArchiveFilesActionHandler : IExecutableAction
{
public bool Update(IDataContext context, ActionPresentation presentation, DelegateUpdate nextUpdate)
{
            presentation.Visible = context.GetData(DataConstants.SOLUTION) != null; // We have slightly different code here... We also get a SolutionComponent and check some Property there.
            return presentation.Visible || (nextUpdate != null && nextUpdate());
}

public void Execute(IDataContext context, DelegateExecute nextExecute)
{
            // Do our stuff
}
}

Matt Ellis

Mar 23, 2015, 12:56:06 PM3/23/15
to resharpe...@googlegroups.com
Just to let you know, this is a bug in the 9.1 EAP, and has been fixed. It should be included in EAP 8.

Thanks
Matt

Alexandre Freire

Mar 24, 2015, 3:05:10 AM3/24/15
to resharpe...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

Thanks Matt, We'll try building against the latest EAP then.

Cheers,
Alex

Alexandre Freire
Director of Product Safety, Industrial Logic Inc.
@freire_da_silva

Matt Ellis

Mar 24, 2015, 4:50:27 AM3/24/15
to resharpe...@googlegroups.com
Good stuff, but you're going to have to wait for the next EAP - it's fixed in EAP8, but the current is EAP7.

On Tuesday, 24 March 2015 08:05:10 UTC+1, Alexandre Freire wrote:
Awesome!

Thanks Matt, We'll try building against the latest EAP then.

Cheers,
Alex
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to resharper-plugins+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Alexandre Freire

Mar 24, 2015, 5:37:46 PM3/24/15
to resharpe...@googlegroups.com
Ok Matt,
Any idea when 8 is coming out?
Cheers,

Matt Ellis

Mar 25, 2015, 4:41:42 AM3/25/15
to resharpe...@googlegroups.com
Real Soon Now (tm) :)

On Tuesday, 24 March 2015 22:37:46 UTC+1, Alexandre Freire wrote:
Ok Matt,
Any idea when 8 is coming out?
Cheers,