9.1 RTM SDK + Gallery

Skip to the first unread message

Matt Ellis

9 Apr 2015, 13:32:0509/04/2015
to resharpe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. You've probably already seen that the 9.1 RTM has been released, and we've also updated the SDK with a new version that includes the last minute bugs between the RCs and the RTM version. Please grab the latest and get those extensions updated!

Some guidance on versioning:
  • Extension packages for 9.1 should have a dependency on Wave 2.0
  • You can update your existing extension package to Wave 2.0, and push to the gallery.
    • We've just pushed an update to the gallery so that previous versions of ReSharper will only see the latest version of a package that is compatible (i.e. as you'd expect it to behave). For example, if JetBrains.PresentationAssistant 2.0.0 is compatible with Wave 1.0, ReSharper 9.0 users will see it (9.1 users will see nothing). I can make 2.1.0 depend on Wave 2.0 and push it. Now, ReSharper 9.1 users will see 2.1.0 and ReSharper 9.0 users will still see 2.0.0.
  • We recommend that you only support the latest version - 9.1. New functionality should be implemented for 9.1, and users of 9.0 can continue using the existing version from the gallery
  • If you wish to make bug fixes or even add new features for 9.0, you can still publish new packages for Wave 1.0, as long as they have a smaller version than the Wave 2.0 package.
    • For example, JetBrains.PresentationAssistant 2.0.0 is for Wave 1.0 (ReSharper 9.0), and 2.1.0 is for Wave 2.0 (ReSharper 9.1). I can publish bug fixes and new features by publishing more packages in the 2.0.x version - e.g. 2.0.1, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, etc. This does not affect the 2.1.0 and higher packages that are compatible with ReSharper 9.1
  • With this in mind, we recommend that you bump at least the minor version of the package when moving to ReSharper 9.1. E.g. 2.0.0 -> 2.1.0, or 1.4.0 -> 2.0.0.
I'll be updating the devguide with more details over the next week, and updating various plugins and samples to 9.1. If you have any questions, please add a new post.

Regards
Matt
This conversation is locked
You cannot reply or perform actions on locked conversations.