1.0 vs stable? wildcard whitelists

chrcoluk

Oct 30, 2014, 12:23:45 PM10/30/14
to requestpol...@googlegroups.com
Request policy is a great unique addon in that it does what it does without been bloated.

However there is a clear flaw which is an issue on 2 sites.

I cannot add wildcards to whitelisted url's.

Amazon cloud services have many different hostnames.

Also I have discovered using html5 videos on youtube has random long hostnames that start with mediasource:

Will these both be easy to deal with on 1.0? and apart from lack of import/export is there any gotchas with 1.0?

myrdd

Oct 31, 2014, 3:01:57 AM10/31/14
to requestpol...@googlegroups.com
Hi chrcoluk!

I suggest you to have a look at the RequestPolicy Continued project/fork at github as RP has been discontinued: https://github.com/RequestPolicyContinued/requestpolicy
Though the issues you mention haven't been solved yet, but yes, it's planned that this will be working in 1.0 stable.

I cannot add wildcards to whitelisted url's.

Amazon cloud services have many different hostnames.

In fact 1.0 already supports wildcards. If there's no option for it in the menu, you can add a rule manually. If you have further questions, please post them on github, as the community is there :)

Also I have discovered using html5 videos on youtube has random long hostnames that start with mediasource: