Feature request: also send reqs (as a proxy) to target receivers

27 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

zhuzhuor

no leída,
8 abr 2012, 8:48:45 p.m.8/4/12
para requestbin
Hi,

Thanks for the excellent work!

I am thinking if it is possible to add a functionality for requestbin
such that it will also resend the received requests to target servers,
which means requestbin will record request data and serve as a proxy
at the same time.
I think this would be more helpful for debugging in some scenarios.

--Bo

Jeff Lindsay

no leída,
8 abr 2012, 8:52:38 p.m.8/4/12
para reque...@googlegroups.com
How would that work? Maybe something like ?forward=http://someurl on your RequestBin path?

OR

Would it be easier to be able to forward individual requests from the inspector UI?

Also, how can you incorporate some sort of security so you can't take advantage of RequestBin as an open proxy?

-jeff
--
Jeff Lindsay
http://progrium.com

zhuzhuor

no leída,
8 abr 2012, 8:58:01 p.m.8/4/12
para reque...@googlegroups.com
I think adding a option when creating the bin is enough.

For the security issue, I haven't think it through... you are the expert...
Maybe the redirected reqs can be applied some freq/time limits?

--Bo

On Sunday, April 8, 2012 8:52:38 PM UTC-4, Jeff Lindsay wrote:
How would that work? Maybe something like ?forward=http://someurl on your RequestBin path?

OR

Would it be easier to be able to forward individual requests from the inspector UI?

Also, how can you incorporate some sort of security so you can't take advantage of RequestBin as an open proxy?

-jeff

Jeff Lindsay

no leída,
8 abr 2012, 9:13:10 p.m.8/4/12
para reque...@googlegroups.com
I think adding a option when creating the bin is enough.

You mean providing the URL to forward to when you create the bin?

For the security issue, I haven't think it through... you are the expert...
Maybe the redirected reqs can be applied some freq/time limits?

It would probably be a ridiculously low rate ... like 3 req/sec. And it wouldn't be for a while because it would take a bit more thinking and somewhat non-trivial engineering.

-jeff

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM, zhuzhuor  wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the excellent work!

I am thinking if it is possible to add a functionality for requestbin
such that it will also resend the received requests to target servers,
which means requestbin will record request data and serve as a proxy
at the same time.
I think this would be more helpful for debugging in some scenarios.

--Bo

--
Jeff Lindsay
http://progrium.com

Bo Zhu

no leída,
8 abr 2012, 9:24:34 p.m.8/4/12
On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Jeff Lindsay wrote:
I think adding a option when creating the bin is enough.

You mean providing the URL to forward to when you create the bin?

Yes, I think this should be a simple and proper way.

For the security issue, I haven't think it through... you are the expert...
Maybe the redirected reqs can be applied some freq/time limits?

It would probably be a ridiculously low rate ... like 3 req/sec. And it wouldn't be for a while because it would take a bit more thinking and somewhat non-trivial engineering.

Maybe we can consider a longer time period, e.g. 100 reqs per 5 mins, because reqs might burst at a time, and programmers will go to inspect the code for a while.

No problem, I will also think about it later.

--Bo

Jeff Lindsay

no leída,
8 abr 2012, 9:26:50 p.m.8/4/12
para reque...@googlegroups.com
Well thanks for the suggestion and ideas around it.

TimO

no leída,
3 may 2012, 11:10:32 a.m.3/5/12
para reque...@googlegroups.com
Awesome work. This is insanely uesful.
I'd like to see a feature like this too.

Here is the issue:
Often webhooks i.e. wordpress, github, Amazon mturk webhooks can only POST to servers which have no authentication.
It would be great if I could have them POST here, and then relay that POST onto my server which does have authentication.

I'm somewhat of a newbie, so maybe this is crazy talk -- let me know. But, I'd sure find this useful. It extends the composableweb. Thanks!

On Sunday, April 8, 2012 9:26:50 PM UTC-4, Jeff Lindsay wrote:
Well thanks for the suggestion and ideas around it.

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos