Replicate RequestBin on my server

Barry Wallace

Jan 11, 2013, 12:50:44 AM1/11/13
to reque...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am a complete newb not just to RequestBin, but to HTTP requests, etc. in general. RequestBin is a fantastic resource, but, if I want to replicate its behaviour on my server so that I don't need to create a new Bin every two days, how would I go about doing this? Assume I don't know anything about this realm (because I don't) so if anybody has some resources / articles on setting up a server to provide HTTP responses that would be great.

This may not be the best place for this post, but I thought that if anybody knew about this kind of stuff it would RequestBin users.

Thank you in advance,
Barry

Jeff Lindsay

Jan 24, 2013, 1:16:11 AM1/24/13
to reque...@googlegroups.com
You might get away with just using netcat. You could run "nc -l 8000" and then http://server.com:8000/ would pretty much spit out everything sent in netcat.

The only problem is it won't generate a response.
--
Jeff Lindsay
http://progrium.com