Lost feedback in Gerrit

Øyvind Harboe

Feb 12, 2015, 9:13:26 AM2/12/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
We're struggling with lost feedback in Gerrit.

An example of where this happens:

1. A review goes through a couple of iterations yielding patchset 3.
2. Reviewer comments on 10 files in patchset 3.
3. Owner submits a new patchset that addresses comments in 4 of these files. This yields patchset 4.
4. Time passes.
5. The owner compares patchset 3 and patchset 4 to check that he has addressed all comments in patchset 3.
6. Owner sees no unresolved comments in patchset 3 because he's only looking at the files that changed between patchset 3 and 4, all the other comments are 'lost'.

We find it very hard to track review comments and verify that you've addressed the issues in Gerrit.

It would be great for reviewers to mark comments as issues/bugs that the owner has to cross off as resolved.

A gerrit review could then clearly display unresolved issues.

Thoughts?