Possibilities to Block the Binary push to Gerrit repositories

Ashwini T R

Apr 26, 2018, 9:03:28 AM4/26/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Team,

We are running Gerrit instance version 2.13.2. There is a requirement to block all binary push in order to any size to the Gerrit repositories in Instance level.
As checked, there is a plugin "uploadvalidator" but that can be configured specific to the one project and that cannot be inherited from parent to child projects.

Let me know if any alternative ways to achieve the Binary push to Gerrit repositories.

Regards,
Ashwini

Duft Markus

Apr 26, 2018, 9:38:27 AM4/26/18
to Ashwini T R, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

When setting up a fresh Gerrit installation with 2.15 it seems that All-Projects contains this by default:

So I assume it’s required J

Cheers,

Markus

SSI Schäfer IT Solutions GmbH | Friesachstrasse 15 | 8114 Friesach | Austria
Registered Office: Friesach | Commercial Register: 49324 K | VAT no. ATU28654300
Commercial Court: Landesgericht für Zivilrechtssachen Graz

Duft Markus

Apr 26, 2018, 9:39:41 AM4/26/18
to Ashwini T R, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Sorry, wrong thread xD

Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 3:03 PM
To: Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com>

Matthew Webber

Apr 26, 2018, 10:46:08 AM4/26/18
On Thursday, 26 April 2018 14:03:28 UTC+1, Ashwini T R wrote:
We are running Gerrit instance version 2.13.2. There is a requirement to block all binary push in order to any size to the Gerrit repositories in Instance level.
Did you look at a server-side hook? You'll need to google a bit to find out how to do it.

Are you sure that you want to block *all* binary files, no matter how small? That seems like an unusual requirement - most projects have icon files or similar that they check in.

Do you have to block it at the server, or is it sufficient for your developers to have a .gitignore that ignores files *.png, *.ico etc?

Ashwini T R

Apr 30, 2018, 2:53:25 PM4/30/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Matthew Webber,

Thanks a lot for your reply on this topic.

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 8:16:08 PM UTC+5:30, Matthew Webber wrote:
On Thursday, 26 April 2018 14:03:28 UTC+1, Ashwini T R wrote:
We are running Gerrit instance version 2.13.2. There is a requirement to block all binary push in order to any size to the Gerrit repositories in Instance level.
Did you look at a server-side hook? You'll need to google a bit to find out how to do it.
>> Need to check this in deep. Let me know if you have this information already.

Are you sure that you want to block *all* binary files, no matter how small? That seems like an unusual requirement - most projects have icon files or similar that they check in.

>> Yes, if not all, atleaset the huge once. We have alternative way to store the same in artifactory side.

Do you have to block it at the server, or is it sufficient for your developers to have a .gitignore that ignores files *.png, *.ico etc?

>> Yes, need to block the push from Gerrit server side itself. Not from the developers end. Any way to achieve the same.

Thanks
Ashwini

Jonathan Nieder

Apr 30, 2018, 2:56:24 PM4/30/18
to Ashwini T R, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
> As checked, there is a plugin "uploadvalidator" but that can be configured specific to the one project and that cannot be inherited from parent to child projects.

Is that true? I would have assumed uploadvalidator configuration is inherited.

Thanks,
Jonathan

чт, 26 апр. 2018 г. в 6:03, Ashwini T R <ashu.r...@gmail.com>:

Ashwini T R

Apr 30, 2018, 3:44:49 PM4/30/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Jonathan,

Correct me, if i have misread the configuration file. Since our Gerrit version running is 2.13.2 have checked the below link.

Regards,
Ashwini

Jonathan Nieder

Apr 30, 2018, 3:46:23 PM4/30/18
to Ashwini T R, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
See https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/uploadvalidator/+/master/src/main/resources/Documentation/config.md/#inheritance. I don't know if stable-2.13 has the same behavior, but it should be possible to check.

Ashwini T R

Apr 30, 2018, 4:13:12 PM4/30/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for providing the link. We will check, if that could help us.

Regards,
Ashwini

Ashwini T R

May 24, 2018, 3:50:19 AM5/24/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

Tried to install the plugin but no luck, could you let us know any other options ??

Regards,
Ashwini

Jonathan Nieder

May 24, 2018, 3:54:28 AM5/24/18
to Ashwini T R, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
> Tried to install the plugin but no luck

Care to elaborate?

Puzzled,
Jonathan