Is there any way controlling 'Automatically resolve conflicts' per branch?

UkJung Kim

Mar 11, 2014, 9:57:38 PM3/11/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way controlling 'Automatically resolve conflicts' per branch?

Suppose there is devel and release branches, devel branch is off but release branch is on.

Saša Živkov

Mar 12, 2014, 11:48:37 AM3/12/14
to UkJung Kim, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 2:57 AM, UkJung Kim <ukjun...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any way controlling 'Automatically resolve conflicts' per branch?
I think no.
What can be per branch, actually even per change, is the submit type, see [1] for
a couple of examples.

Suppose there is devel and release branches, devel branch is off but release branch is on.
Not really important for your question but wouldn't you want exactly the opposite?
A release branch should be more restrictive than a development branch...
so if "automatically resolve conflicts" should be off then it should be off
for a more restrictive branch.

UkJung Kim

Mar 12, 2014, 9:32:56 PM3/12/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, UkJung Kim
It's so sorry that I have no way to control "automatically resolve conflicts" per branch...

On Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:48:37 AM UTC+9, zivkov wrote:

Suppose there is devel and release branches, devel branch is off but release branch is on.
Not really important for your question but wouldn't you want exactly the opposite?
A release branch should be more restrictive than a development branch...
so if "automatically resolve conflicts" should be off then it should be off
for a more restrictive branch.

I agree. I thought oppositely.
there can be large changes in development branch. so "automatically resolve conflicts" may break codes integrity and causes build break.
But release branch has very small changes. so thought it was safe to turn on "automatically resolve conflicts".

Thanks for your opinion.

Saša Živkov

Mar 13, 2014, 6:38:31 AM3/13/14
On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 2:32 AM, UkJung Kim <ukjun...@gmail.com> wrote:
It's so sorry that I have no way to control "automatically resolve conflicts" per branch...

I think the submit_type could be extended to include this flag also.
Will try to implement that today or tomorrow...stay tuned

UkJung Kim

Mar 17, 2014, 10:12:00 PM3/17/14

On Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:38:31 PM UTC+9, zivkov wrote:

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 2:32 AM, UkJung Kim <ukjun...@gmail.com> wrote:
It's so sorry that I have no way to control "automatically resolve conflicts" per branch...

I think the submit_type could be extended to include this flag also.
Will try to implement that today or tomorrow...stay tuned

That sounds good to me.
Can the following discussion be fixed either?

Saša Živkov