default gitweb link is there even gitiles was installed after upgraded gerrit to 2.13-rc0

Makson Lee

Sep 4, 2016, 11:55:24 PM9/4/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
no any gitweb configuration in gerrit.config, as you can see in the following figure, still a gitweb link there.

David Pursehouse

Sep 5, 2016, 8:17:51 AM9/5/16
to Makson Lee, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
The documentation [1] doesn't say, but the default behaviour if no gitweb.type is specified is to assume the type is gitweb.

I don't think this default makes sense, particularly since if there is no gitweb config at all it sets the URL to "null", so I've uploaded a change [2] to make it so the default is "disabled" when the type is not set.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 12:55 PM Makson Lee <cdle...@gmail.com> wrote:
no any gitweb configuration in gerrit.config, as you can see in the following figure, still a gitweb link there.

Makson Lee

Sep 5, 2016, 9:55:22 AM9/5/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, cdle...@gmail.com
On Monday, September 5, 2016 at 8:17:51 PM UTC+8, David Pursehouse wrote:
The documentation [1] doesn't say, but the default behaviour if no gitweb.type is specified is to assume the type is gitweb.

thanks, setting gitweb.type to disabled did make default gitweb link disappear :-)