Command line ACL, why doesn't the project owner have sufficient rights?

Johan Martinsson

Nov 12, 2012, 5:45:38 AM11/12/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
We're connecting Gerrit to the ALM Tuleap. The workflow for migrating a project from the ALM to gerrit is something like:
  1. create a project
  2. create several groups (contributors and integrators)
  3. Associate rights to the groups
But step 3 is not possible as per default neither an administrator nor a project creator has Read and Push on refs/meta/config.

We've found one workaround (manually creating a rights-only project which we use to give the rights Read and Push on refs/meta/confg and inheriting from that), but that's a complexity we'd like to avoid if possible. Is it?

Best regards
Johan Martinsson
Enalean/Tuleap

Shawn Pearce

Nov 12, 2012, 10:08:13 AM11/12/12
to Johan Martinsson, repo-discuss
Can you grant Read and Push on refs/meta/config to Administrators and
Project Owners in All-Projects? This will then be automatically
inherited into every project, so newly created projects would always
permit modification of refs/meta/config by git push.

Edwin Kempin

Nov 12, 2012, 10:12:50 AM11/12/12
to Shawn Pearce, Johan Martinsson, repo-discuss

2012/11/12 Shawn Pearce <s...@google.com>

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Johan Martinsson
<martinss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We're connecting Gerrit to the ALM Tuleap. The workflow for migrating a
> project from the ALM to gerrit is something like:
>
> create a project
> create several groups (contributors and integrators)
> Associate rights to the groups
>
> But step 3 is not possible as per default neither an administrator nor a
> project creator has Read and Push on refs/meta/config.
>
> We've found one workaround (manually creating a rights-only project which we
> use to give the rights Read and Push on refs/meta/confg and inheriting from
> that), but that's a complexity we'd like to avoid if possible. Is it?

Can you grant Read and Push on refs/meta/config to Administrators and
Unfortunately I think we forbid to assign Push for refs/meta/config on the All-Projects project,
but you can assign in on refs/meta/* to make it work.
I will spend some time later today to fix this.

Project Owners in All-Projects? This will then be automatically
inherited into every project, so newly created projects would always
permit modification of refs/meta/config by git push.

Johan Martinsson

Nov 12, 2012, 10:15:51 AM11/12/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, Johan Martinsson

Can you grant Read and Push on refs/meta/config to Administrators and
Project Owners in All-Projects? This will then be automatically
inherited into every project, so newly created projects would always
permit modification of refs/meta/config by git push.

No, in All-Projects there is only Push Merge Commit and Push Annotated Tag

Screen Shot 2012-11-12 at 4.13.29 PM.png

Johan Martinsson

Nov 12, 2012, 10:30:44 AM11/12/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, Shawn Pearce, Johan Martinsson

On Monday, November 12, 2012 4:12:57 PM UTC+1, Edwin Kempin wrote:

Can you grant Read and Push on refs/meta/config to Administrators and
Unfortunately I think we forbid to assign Push for refs/meta/config on the All-Projects project,
but you can assign in on refs/meta/* to make it work.
I will spend some time later today to fix this.

 Indeed that works

Thanks!