Sudden Gitweb error in Gerrit 2.10.1

Emmanuel Nyberg

May 21, 2015, 9:48:39 AM5/21/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have recently started a new assignment and I've inherited a Gerrit (v. 2.10.1) setup. It seems to be set up correctly, but the Gitweb integration is broken. According to the users, it suddenly broke last week with no changes to the environment. In error_log I can find the message

[2015-05-21 15:06:27,686] ERROR com.google.gerrit.httpd.gitweb.GitWebServlet : CGI: fatal: Failed to expand user dir in: '~/.gitignore'

every time a user tries to access Gitweb through Gerrit.

The Gerrit user doesn't have a gitconfig or a .gitignore file, and never has, so it feels wierd that this error suddenly shows up.
Do you have any idea on what could be causing the error and any remedies to the problem?
Thanks

/Emmanuel Nyberg