[ANNOUNCE] Gerrit User Summit 2016 - Nov 12 & 13

Shawn Pearce

Aug 4, 2016, 7:24:34 PM8/4/16
to repo-discuss
Saturday November 12 & Sunday 13 at Google Mountain View, CA.

Registration is by invite and must be made in advance (no registrations at the door!).
Please complete this form to request an invite:

  https://goo.gl/forms/oeEnQweHl2noNSnn1

luca.mi...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2016, 2:05:44 AM8/5/16
to Shawn Pearce, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Cool Shawn, thanks again to you and Google for organising it.

Will the Hackathon follow the week after the Summit as usual?
Is it possible to submit talks proposals?

Luca

Sent from my iPhone

Shawn Pearce

Aug 9, 2016, 3:31:12 PM8/9/16
to Luca Milanesio, repo-discuss
On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 11:05 PM, <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cool Shawn, thanks again to you and Google for organising it.

Will the Hackathon follow the week after the Summit as usual?

I'm not sure yet. I'd like to do one but conference room is a bit in flux. I can probably get our "usual room", which as you know is somewhat constrained on seats. There's a chance I could get a different room, but I don't know if that would be better... or not. And I may not be able to know that until later in the year. So I've been procrastinating on that. :-\

Is it possible to submit talks proposals?

Yes!  I've decided to try something new this year and do it in Gerrit. See

On 5 Aug 2016, at 00:24, 'Shawn Pearce' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Saturday November 12 & Sunday 13 at Google Mountain View, CA.

Registration is by invite and must be made in advance (no registrations at the door!).
Please complete this form to request an invite:

  https://goo.gl/forms/oeEnQweHl2noNSnn1

Luca Milanesio

Aug 9, 2016, 4:21:28 PM8/9/16
to Shawn Pearce, repo-discuss
On 9 Aug 2016, at 20:30, Shawn Pearce <s...@google.com> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 11:05 PM, <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cool Shawn, thanks again to you and Google for organising it.

Will the Hackathon follow the week after the Summit as usual?

I'm not sure yet. I'd like to do one but conference room is a bit in flux. I can probably get our "usual room", which as you know is somewhat constrained on seats. There's a chance I could get a different room, but I don't know if that would be better... or not. And I may not be able to know that until later in the year. So I've been procrastinating on that. :-\

The "user room" isn't bad at all :-)

Is it possible to submit talks proposals?

Yes!  I've decided to try something new this year and do it in Gerrit. See

How cool is that? Great idea :-) Let me send my patch-sets straight away ...

Luca Milanesio

Sep 8, 2016, 10:42:34 AM9/8/16
to Shawn Pearce, repo-discuss
Hi Shawn,
any update on the Hackathon?

Luca.

Shawn Pearce

Sep 8, 2016, 12:10:01 PM9/8/16
to Luca Milanesio, repo-discuss
Given the hackathon at SAP in a few weeks, we may just hold a mini-hackathon the Monday and Tuesday following the user summit. For other reasons my team is a bit constrained and cannot host a full week hackathon following the user summit.

luca.mi...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2016, 1:10:29 PM9/8/16
to Shawn Pearce, repo-discuss
Two full days could still be good enough to get some key changes merged and give more justification to a transatlantic trip :-)

Luca

Sent from my iPhone

lucamilanesio

Nov 22, 2016, 8:13:32 PM11/22/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I have published a Gerrit User Summit & Hackathon Report for this year:

Let me know if you want me to add / amend or remove anything from it :-)

Luca.

Edwin Kempin

Nov 23, 2016, 3:55:34 AM11/23/16
to lucamilanesio, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 2:13 AM, lucamilanesio <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have published a Gerrit User Summit & Hackathon Report for this year:

Let me know if you want me to add / amend or remove anything from it :-)
Great summary!! Thanks for writing this down :-)

Luca.

Luca Milanesio

Nov 23, 2016, 3:58:00 AM11/23/16
to Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On 23 Nov 2016, at 08:54, Edwin Kempin <eke...@google.com> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 2:13 AM, lucamilanesio <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have published a Gerrit User Summit & Hackathon Report for this year:

Let me know if you want me to add / amend or remove anything from it :-)
Great summary!! Thanks for writing this down :-)

... I would add ... Great Summit ! Thanks Shawn and Google for organising and hosting it :-)

Luca.