Some Problems on Remix OS and Android x-86 OS

Deni Yulianti

Oct 21, 2016, 10:42:04 AM10/21/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi all.

I have a problem using Android OS on VM-ware that is related on internet connection in Android x-86 version 5.1 (Lollipop) and version 4.4 (Kitkat).
I use android-x86-4.4-r5.iso for Kitkat and android-x86-5.1-rc.iso for Lollipop.
I use VM-ware version 12.5.
I have internet connectivity and I can use web browser for both android emulators, but I cannot download the APK files.
The status of the APK files at Download Folder always show Queued status and I waited for so long but there was no any APK file at that folder (Download folder), or there was no any response.
How should I have to do to have capability downloading android applications on Android x-86?

Besides, when I changed to the guest account, I cannot access the internet, it happens for both Android x-86 OS and Remix OS.
How should I do in order to connect between a guest account and features that just have by administrator account?

Furthermore, I would like to change my cover photo (background) on Android x-86 version 5.1 (Lollipop) and version 4.4 (Kitkat).
What should I have to be able to change my cover photo to be a new one?

In addition, in Remix OS I cannot impose the code into the Remix OS. Let says I wanna impose code into /etc/init.sh.
When I checked my account by typing "whoami", and it resulted that i was a root.
How should I do to get permission to make some codes in Remix OS?

Please help me out. I would appreciate for your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Edwin Kempin

Oct 21, 2016, 10:43:45 AM10/21/16
to Deni Yulianti, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Sorry, this is the wrong mailing list.
This mailing list is for Gerrit and the repo tool, but not for Android.