New project for webhooks plugin

Saša Živkov

Apr 25, 2017, 10:00:32 AM4/25/17
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
I would like to create a new plugin named "webhooks".
This plugin is motivated by Github's webhooks [1].
It will send POST request to configured URL(s) when an event happens.
Event info json is passed in the request body.

Any objections to the plugin name?

Luca Milanesio

Apr 25, 2017, 10:06:33 AM4/25/17
to Saša Živkov, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
+1
Is this is going to be the "GitHub-style webhooks" implemented in Gerrit?

I'm asking because I had a similar one already created but on the other way around (github-webhooks).
Haven't started working on it yet though :-(

Luca.

Saša Živkov

Apr 25, 2017, 10:11:12 AM4/25/17
to Luca Milanesio, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Luca Milanesio <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1
Is this is going to be the "GitHub-style webhooks" implemented in Gerrit?
Yes.
It is going to be a kind of alternative to the SSH stream-events.

I'm asking because I had a similar one already created but on the other way around (github-webhooks).
Based on your description I had impression that the purpose of this plugin was to listen to github webhooks?

The webhooks plugin proposed here is supposed to send Gerrit events.

On 25 Apr 2017, at 15:59, Saša Živkov <ziv...@gmail.com> wrote:

I would like to create a new plugin named "webhooks".
This plugin is motivated by Github's webhooks [1].
It will send POST request to configured URL(s) when an event happens.
Event info json is passed in the request body.

Any objections to the plugin name?

Hugo Arès

Apr 25, 2017, 10:58:00 AM4/25/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
+1

Luca Milanesio

Apr 25, 2017, 11:03:25 AM4/25/17
to Hugo Arès, Saša Živkov, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Good, that is awesome. Looking forward to see the first change on it.
+1 (again)

Luca.

Saša Živkov