reflog doesn't get updated when a change is merged into branch

Makson Lee

Apr 3, 2017, 11:06:57 PM4/3/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
reflog get updated only when you push a commit directly into branch, but we also want that each update to refs caused by a change get logged too, so any idea about how to configure it? our gerrit version is 2.13.7.

Makson Lee

Apr 6, 2017, 8:20:32 AM4/6/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
i can't find any document about this, can anyone confirm that if this is default behavior?

Nassor Ubn

Apr 17, 2017, 11:20:34 PM4/17/17
to Makson Lee, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
null

Makson Lee

Apr 24, 2017, 11:19:25 PM4/24/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
it really confused me, i tried to create and submit change c01 and c02 in gerrit, but can't see these changes in reflog, can anyone kindly explain me if this is expected?

$ git config core.logallrefupdates
true
$ git log master --oneline
d97aee2 c02
deed1c4 c01
ecd0cee Initial empty repository
$ git reflog master
d97aee2 master@{0}:

Makson Lee

Apr 25, 2017, 2:27:22 AM4/25/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
okay, found the following in [1], changes submitted and merged into a branch should update the git reflog.

Changes uploaded over the SSH daemon from git push have the standard Git reflog updated with the date and time that the upload occurred, and the Gerrit account identity of who did the upload. Changes submitted and merged into a branch also update the Git reflog.

also, i tried to verify it with gerrit on docker with following command, got the same problem too.

$ docker run -d -p 8080:8080 -p 29418:29418 gerritforge/gerrit-ubuntu15.04:2.13.7

[1] https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/Documentation/2.13.7/dev-design.html#_logging_plan

Makson Lee

Apr 25, 2017, 3:14:44 AM4/25/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
sorry, correct myself, only the latest change get shown in reflog.

Makson Lee

May 31, 2017, 1:56:22 AM5/31/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
the following lines of MergeOp.java was removed in [1], so now where do we set the reflog message when merge a change?

    ob.update.setRefLogIdent(
        identifiedUserFactory
.create(caller.getAccountId()).newRefLogIdent());
    ob
.update.setForceUpdate(false);
    ob
.update.setNewObjectId(currentTip);
    ob
.update.setRefLogMessage("merged", true);

Makson Lee

May 31, 2017, 10:22:12 PM5/31/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
would it be expected that refLogMessage is null when merge a change?

Makson Lee

Jun 18, 2017, 7:21:25 PM6/18/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion