Hide project for specific user

Florent Delord

Jan 12, 2017, 4:27:52 AM1/12/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

In our team we have a single Gerrit server for all developers but developers are not working on all projects.

Is there a way for a user to configure which project he wants to see on "status:open" page, or which project he wants to hide. This configuration should be user dependent.

Regards,
Florent

Edwin Kempin

Jan 12, 2017, 4:30:49 AM1/12/17
to Florent Delord, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
The user can create a a custom dashboard [1] and link it from a menu entry under the 'My' menu. The 'My' menu can be configured in the user settings.

Regards,
Florent

Pierre Tardy

Jan 12, 2017, 4:32:57 AM1/12/17
to Florent Delord, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Florent,

status:open will always return all open changes that the user has access to. So yes there is a way to configure it, but this is more an admin matter.

A user can however configure watched projects in #/settings/projects
And then the relevant changes will be displayed on his dashboard.

Regards
Pierre

Florent Delord

Jan 12, 2017, 9:28:38 AM1/12/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thanks to Edwin and Pierre for your answers that made me think differently.

The solution I found :
1. Create group for each development team : TeamAppliA, TeamAppliB
2. For each project, add a new configuration under Projects -> Access -> Edit
   a. refs/heads/* -> read -> Allow -> TeamAppli[A/B] depending the project is belong to team A or B
   b. Make this config exclusive

Regards