Can notify.email settings be inherited by other projects?

Matthew Webber

Sep 21, 2017, 12:17:39 PM9/21/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
The User Notify capability (https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/user-notify.html) enables notifications to an email address by adding to project.config.

If I set that in All-Projects (or some other parent project), will that setting be inherited by other projects? It's unclear to me, from the documentation, what settings are inherited, although it looks like it might only be access rules.

Thanks,
Matthew

Edwin Kempin

Sep 22, 2017, 5:02:22 AM9/22/17
to Matthew Webber, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 6:17 PM, Matthew Webber <mat...@unsolvable.org> wrote:
The User Notify capability (https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/user-notify.html) enables notifications to an email address by adding to project.config.

If I set that in All-Projects (or some other parent project), will that setting be inherited by other projects? It's unclear to me, from the documentation, what settings are inherited, although it looks like it might only be access rules.
It should be inherited by child projects.

Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew Webber

Sep 25, 2017, 4:25:00 AM9/25/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
The User Notify capability (https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/user-notify.html) enables notifications to an email address by adding to project.config.
If I set that in All-Projects (or some other parent project), will that setting be inherited by other projects? It's unclear to me, from the documentation, what settings are inherited, although it looks like it might only be access rules.

It should be inherited by child projects.
Thanks. I can confirm that, yes, notify settings from All-Projects are indeed inherited by child projects.
We are using this on 2.14.3.
Matthew