repo init error : unable to connect a socket (Network is unreachable)

seonguk.baek

Sep 1, 2011, 8:34:53 PM9/1/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Shawn....

I have a problem whenever I trid repo init or repo snyc from
codeaurora

Getting repo ...
from git://android.git.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
android.git.kernel.org[0: 149.20.4.77]: errno=Connection refused
android.git.kernel.org[0: 199.6.1.173]: errno=Connection refused
android.git.kernel.org[0: 130.239.17.13]: errno=Connection refused
android.git.kernel.org[0: 2001:4f8:1:10:1972:112:1:0]: errno=Network
is unreachable
android.git.kernel.org[0: 2001:4f8:8:10:1972:112:1:0]: errno=Network
is unreachable
android.git.kernel.org[0: 2001:500:60:10:1972:112:1:0]: errno=Network
is unreachable
android.git.kernel.org[0: 2001:6b0:e:4017:1972:112:1:0]: errno=Network
is unreachable
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Network is unreachable)

Leif Andersen

Sep 1, 2011, 9:16:54 PM9/1/11
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
I have also been having this problem today.  I suspect it is related to the recent compromise of kernel.org.

Dan Huo

Sep 2, 2011, 12:23:24 AM9/2/11
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
You can put repo project on your server.
Copy repo/.git to our own git server and change url in repo.

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Leif Andersen <tbol...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have also been having this problem today.  I suspect it is related to the recent compromise of kernel.org.

Message has been deleted

Sanghee Kim

Sep 2, 2011, 4:31:37 AM9/2/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Today android.git.kernel.org got something problem. So we can't use
git projects hosted in android.git.kernel.org. Repo is one of those
project.

If you want to get source from CAF(code aurora forum), I suggest you
use following command

$ repo init -u <manifest_git_url> -b <manifest_branch> --repo-
url=git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo.git

You just add '--repo-url=git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo.git' in repo
init command then your repo git under .repo/repo is set remote to
code
aurora instead of repo.git from android.git.kernel.org

check remote configuration

$ vi .repo/repo/.git/config

karthik

Sep 2, 2011, 1:55:05 PM9/2/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Sanghee,

Thank you so much for the workaround ! But now that I have my source I
was trying a repo sync and I still get the same error(definitely
because it is trying to sync with android.kernel.org which is down).
So i tried to use the same option you mentioned that is "--repo-
url=git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo.git " with repo sync and I get an
error that this option is not supported ! Any hints on how to get
about this one ?
ERROR:
Usage: repo sync [<project>...]
main.py: error: no such option: --repo-url

I am a newbie so dont have a complete idea about the dir/project
structures internal to repo ! Thanks in advance.

Nasser Grainawi

Sep 2, 2011, 2:25:51 PM9/2/11
to karthik, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
It's not an option to repo sync, only to repo init.

Nasser

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum

karthik

Sep 2, 2011, 4:21:28 PM9/2/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
That is already indicated by the message that I posted saying there is
no such option.

I am trying to get a suggestion for workaround for doing repo sync
since I need to execute "source build/envsetup.sh" (which I am
guessing apparently gets downloaded after doing a repo sync ?)..
> > More info athttp://groups.google.com/group/repo-discuss?hl=en
Message has been deleted

Nasser Grainawi

Sep 2, 2011, 5:33:24 PM9/2/11
to karthik, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Right, re-run 'repo init' with the options mentioned earlier. Then you can run 'repo sync' successfully.

Nasser

On Sep 2, 2011, at 2:22 PM, karthik wrote:

> That is already indicated by the message that I posted saying there is
> no such option.
>
> I am trying to get a suggestion for workaround for doing repo sync
> since I need to execute "source build/envsetup.sh" (which I am
> guessing apparently gets downloaded after doing a repo sync ?)..
>
> On Sep 2, 2:25 pm, Nasser Grainawi <nas...@codeaurora.org> wrote:

>>> More info athttp://groups.google.com/group/repo-discuss?hl=en

karthik

Sep 2, 2011, 6:38:09 PM9/2/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

I tried re-running it but no luck still the same issue. I should have
told this earlier I guess, repo init downloads the minifests but repo
sync starts with downloads and in the middle tries to contact
android.git.kernel.org and fails/stops. So i was trying to see if
there is a work around to re-direct even the sync process ! Probably
if you want to look at log, here it is !

Getting repo ...
from git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo.git
remote: Counting objects: 457, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (457/457), 189.75 KiB | 66 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (265/265), done.
From git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo
* [new branch] master -> origin/master
* [new branch] stable -> origin/stable
* [new tag] v1.6.5 -> v1.6.5
From git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo
* [new tag] v1.0 -> v1.0
* [new tag] v1.0.1 -> v1.0.1
* [new tag] v1.0.2 -> v1.0.2
* [new tag] v1.0.3 -> v1.0.3
* [new tag] v1.0.4 -> v1.0.4
* [new tag] v1.0.5 -> v1.0.5
* [new tag] v1.0.6 -> v1.0.6
* [new tag] v1.0.7 -> v1.0.7
* [new tag] v1.0.8 -> v1.0.8
* [new tag] v1.0.9 -> v1.0.9
* [new tag] v1.1 -> v1.1
* [new tag] v1.2 -> v1.2
* [new tag] v1.3 -> v1.3
* [new tag] v1.3.1 -> v1.3.1
* [new tag] v1.3.2 -> v1.3.2
* [new tag] v1.4 -> v1.4
* [new tag] v1.4.1 -> v1.4.1
* [new tag] v1.4.2 -> v1.4.2
* [new tag] v1.4.3 -> v1.4.3
* [new tag] v1.4.4 -> v1.4.4
* [new tag] v1.5 -> v1.5
* [new tag] v1.5.1 -> v1.5.1
* [new tag] v1.6 -> v1.6
* [new tag] v1.6.1 -> v1.6.1
* [new tag] v1.6.2 -> v1.6.2
* [new tag] v1.6.3 -> v1.6.3
* [new tag] v1.6.4 -> v1.6.4
Getting manifest ...
from git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git
remote: Counting objects: 1964, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (1964/1964), 297.42 KiB | 87 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (702/702), done.
From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android
* [new branch] cm-7.0.0 -> origin/cm-7.0.0
* [new branch] cm-7.0.1 -> origin/cm-7.0.1
* [new branch] cm-7.0.2.1 -> origin/cm-7.0.2.1
* [new branch] cm-7.0.3 -> origin/cm-7.0.3
* [new branch] eclair -> origin/eclair
* [new branch] froyo -> origin/froyo
* [new branch] froyo-stable -> origin/froyo-stable
* [new branch] gingerbread -> origin/gingerbread
* [new branch] gingerbread-release -> origin/gingerbread-release
* [new branch] themes-exp -> origin/themes-exp
* [new tag] cm-7.0.0 -> cm-7.0.0
* [new tag] cm-7.0.1 -> cm-7.0.1
* [new tag] cm-7.0.2.1 -> cm-7.0.2.1
* [new tag] cm-7.0.3 -> cm-7.0.3
Branch default set up to track remote branch froyo from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'default'

Your Name [root]: karthik
Your Email [ro...@ubuntu.localdomain]: just...@gmail.com

repo initialized in /home/user/Desktop/Androidsnowball
root@ubuntu:/home/user/Desktop/Androidsnowball# ./bin/repo sync
Fetching projects: 1% (3/207)
Initializing project CyanogenMod/android ...
remote: Counting objects: 1964, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (1964/1964), 297.42 KiB | 61 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (702/702), done.
From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android
* [new branch] cm-7.0.0 -> github/cm-7.0.0
* [new branch] cm-7.0.1 -> github/cm-7.0.1
* [new branch] cm-7.0.2.1 -> github/cm-7.0.2.1
* [new branch] cm-7.0.3 -> github/cm-7.0.3
* [new branch] eclair -> github/eclair
* [new branch] froyo -> github/froyo
* [new branch] froyo-stable -> github/froyo-stable
* [new branch] gingerbread -> github/gingerbread
* [new branch] gingerbread-release -> github/gingerbread-release
* [new branch] themes-exp -> github/themes-exp
* [new tag] cm-7.0.0 -> cm-7.0.0
* [new tag] cm-7.0.1 -> cm-7.0.1
* [new tag] cm-7.0.2.1 -> cm-7.0.2.1
* [new tag] cm-7.0.3 -> cm-7.0.3

Initializing project CyanogenMod/android_bionic ...
remote: Counting objects: 6918, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (6918/6918), 2.61 MiB | 74 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (4858/4858), done.
From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bionic
* [new branch] donut -> github/donut
* [new branch] eclair -> github/eclair
* [new branch] froyo -> github/froyo
* [new branch] froyo-stable -> github/froyo-stable
* [new branch] gingerbread -> github/gingerbread
* [new branch] gingerbread-release -> github/gingerbread-release
* [new tag] cm-7.0.0 -> cm-7.0.0
* [new tag] cm-7.0.1 -> cm-7.0.1
* [new tag] cm-7.0.2.1 -> cm-7.0.2.1
* [new tag] cm-7.0.3 -> cm-7.0.3
Fetching projects: 2% (5/207)
Initializing project platform/bootable/bootloader/legacy ...
android.git.kernel.org[0: 149.20.4.77]: errno=Connection refused
android.git.kernel.org[0: 2001:4f8:1:10:1972:112:1:0]: errno=Network
is unreachable
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Network is unreachable)
error: Cannot fetch platform/bootable/bootloader/legacy

Sanghee Kim

Sep 3, 2011, 12:41:01 AM9/3/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

I think you want to get source from CyanogenMod via repo but it got
problem. Now korg (android.git.kernel.org) is in problem. So if the
manifest from CyanogenMod includes any git projects hosted in korg,
you can find connection error even you run 'repo init' once again.

I think http://goo.gl/YiFM6 is default.xml (manifest.xml) of
CyanogenMod. You can find two type of project item like following.

...line 17
<project path="bionic" name="CyanogenMod/android_bionic"
remote="github" />
<project path="bootable/bootloader/legacy" name="platform/bootable/
bootloader/legacy" />

project CyanogenMod/android_bionic is hosted by github(remote="github"
and project platform/bootable/bootloader/legacy is hosted by default
remote. (no remote in the line means using default remote)

You can find remote list in the same xml file.

...line 2
<manifest>
<remote name="korg"
fetch="git://android.git.kernel.org/"
review="review.source.android.com" />

<remote name="github"
fetch="git://github.com/"
review="review.cyanogenmod.com" />

<default revision="gingerbread"
remote="korg" />

Default remote is korg that is in problem now. Another remote is
github that is in no problem.

So you can run following steps to get CyanogenMod (or anything like
that).

=== Step 1 ===
Run repo init with alternative remote git.omapzoom.org (TI remote)

$ repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread
--repo-url=git://git.omapzoom.org/tools/repo.git

=== Step 2 ===
Change default remote from korg to omapzoom(TI). You can add remote
and then change default remote.

$ vi .repo/manifest.xml

<<<<<<Before

======
<manifest>
<remote name="korg"
fetch="git://android.git.kernel.org/"
review="review.source.android.com" />

<remote name="github"
fetch="git://github.com/"
review="review.cyanogenmod.com" />

<remote name="omapzoom"
fetch="git://git.omapzoom.org/" />

<default revision="gingerbread"
remote="omapzoom" />

=== step 3 ===

$ repo sync

=== misc ===
After korg has fixed, you can do following (not now)

$ cd .repo/manifests
$ git reset --hard
$ repo sync

It will remove your modification of manifest.xml

Originally I consider CAF(git://codeaurora.org by Qualcomm) for
default remote but branch name between korg and CAF is little bit
different (e.g. korg : gingerbread, CAF : korg/gingerbread). So I use
omapzoom remote. Anything is OK. But using omapzoom is simple in this
case.

Anyhow, important thing is you can use CAF or omapzoom instead of korg
sometimes. Because CAF and omapzoom remote is hosting mirror branch of
korg. So you can change .repo/manifest.xml to use different remote and
revision(e.g. branch, tag, commitID)

Try it.
> Your Email [r...@ubuntu.localdomain]: justka...@gmail.com

seonguk.baek

Sep 3, 2011, 12:48:28 AM9/3/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
It's work...~!~!

Thanks you!! ^^

I only modify /usr/local/bin/repo or .repo/repo/repo script.. but this
isn't working in mirror db

anyway thank you so much !!

Sanghee Kim

Sep 3, 2011, 3:14:39 AM9/3/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I also tried like your way. But that is not working some cases. Thank
you.

Jim Hua

Sep 3, 2011, 3:26:41 AM9/3/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
There is a more simpler method to get android source code at now:

Step 1. edit repo file
$ gedit /home/username/bin/repo

Change the line:
REPO_URL='git://android.git.kernel.org/tools/repo.git'
To be:
REPO_URL='http://android.git.kernel.org/tools/repo.git'

Step 2. initialize the repository
$ repo init -u http://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git -b
gingerbread

Step 3. edit .repo/manifests/default.xml
$gedit .repo/manifests/default.xml

Change the line: fetch="git://android.git.kernel.org/"
To be: fetch="http://android.git.kernel.org/"

Step 4. sync repository
$ repo sync

That's all! :)

Leif Andersen

Sep 3, 2011, 6:44:14 PM9/3/11
to Jim Hua, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I can see how that would work, as it appears to only be the git protocol that's not working (while the http one is), but when I run repo sync, after making the change, I get nothing.  (I already had the manifest file, and am simply trying to update the version because I'm currently on a bad build and don't think it's possible to revert to a good build without syncing).

~Leif Andersen

Magnus Bäck

Sep 4, 2011, 5:12:58 AM9/4/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Saturday, September 03, 2011 at 09:26 CEST,
Jim Hua <wwt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a more simpler method to get android source code at now:
>
> Step 1. edit repo file
> $ gedit /home/username/bin/repo
>
> Change the line:
> REPO_URL='git://android.git.kernel.org/tools/repo.git'
> To be:
> REPO_URL='http://android.git.kernel.org/tools/repo.git'
>
> Step 2. initialize the repository
> $ repo init -u http://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git -b
> gingerbread
>
> Step 3. edit .repo/manifests/default.xml
> $gedit .repo/manifests/default.xml
>
> Change the line: fetch="git://android.git.kernel.org/"
> To be: fetch="http://android.git.kernel.org/"
>
> Step 4. sync repository
> $ repo sync
>
> That's all! :)

There's an easier and more robust method to replace fetch URLs
generically:

git config --global url.http://android.git.kernel.org/.insteadOf \
git://android.git.kernel.org/

--
Magnus Bäck Opinions are my own and do not necessarily
SW Configuration Manager represent the ones of my employer, etc.

Magnus Bäck

Sep 4, 2011, 5:20:24 AM9/4/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Sunday, September 04, 2011 at 00:44 CEST,
Leif Andersen <le...@leifandersen.net> wrote:

> I can see how that would work, as it appears to only be the git
> protocol that's not working (while the http one is), but when I run
> repo sync, after making the change, I get nothing.

Which manifest branch are you tracking? When did you sync the last
time? Are you sure the branch is actually broken and it's not just
your workspace that's screwed up?

> (I already had the manifest file, and am simply trying to update the
> version because I'm currently on a bad build and don't think it's
> possible to revert to a good build without syncing).

It depends -- if it's acceptable to revert to the most recent tagged
Android release (2.3.5) you can do this:

repo init -b android-2.3.5_r1
repo sync -l

If you don't have all the gits listed in the 2.3.5 manifest (or haven't
synced them since the 2.3.5 release some five weeks ago) you might need
to drop the -l option, but if you're currently on the master branch (and
have synced reasonably recently) you should be okay.

Leif Andersen

Sep 4, 2011, 5:25:43 PM9/4/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I was on master.  But now the whole website seems to be down, which would probably explain why I'm not getting anything.  It's sad that AOSP went so far as to use git as it's a DCVS, and then screwed it up putting repo in it, which seems about as centralised as SVN.  I mean, I can't even seem to be able to checkout a known good revision without connecting to the sever, even though I have all of the history on my computer.  (I don't consider it to be a smart idea to go into each project manually and revert to an older date).

~Leif Andersen

Magnus Bäck

Sep 5, 2011, 2:38:39 AM9/5/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Sunday, September 04, 2011 at 23:25 CEST,
Leif Andersen <le...@leifandersen.net> wrote:

> I was on master. But now the whole website seems to be down, which
> would probably explain why I'm not getting anything. It's sad that
> AOSP went so far as to use git as it's a DCVS, and then screwed it
> up putting repo in it, which seems about as centralised as SVN.

This isn't constructive.

> I mean, I can't even seem to be able to checkout a known good revision
> without connecting to the sever, even though I have all of the history
> on my computer.

Did the solution I provided not work, or what's the problem? It's not
inconceivable that "repo init -b android-2.3.5_r1" wants to check
something with the remote, but you can always check out the correct
manifest yourself and continue with "repo sync -l".

> (I don't consider it to be a smart idea to go into each project
> manually and revert to an older date).

Checking out the state of a repository at a given point in time is
generally difficult with Git, but in this case there are tags that
you can use.

HTTP access to android.git.kernel.org appears to work, by the way.

Message has been deleted

Sanghee Kim

Sep 5, 2011, 11:39:14 AM9/5/11
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Magnus Bäck

It works and more simpler. Great!
I have a question. How did you know http works? Did you just try it
with git and http protocol?

Leif Andersen

Sep 5, 2011, 1:08:40 PM9/5/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
> This isn't constructive.

Fair enough, I apologise for that.

> HTTP access to android.git.kernel.org appears to work, by the way.

Interesting that it's working for you.  I can not access it with the repo tool, firefox, or even just by pinging it (using "ping android.kernel.org").  Note though that git.kernel.org is working for me though.

> Did the solution I provided not work, or what's the problem? It's not
> inconceivable that "repo init -b android-2.3.5_r1" wants to check
> something with the remote, but you can always check out the correct
> manifest yourself and continue with "repo sync -l".

No it didn't work.  But I suspect that's because I can't even contact android.git.kernel.org at all.

> Checking out the state of a repository at a given point in time is
> generally difficult with Git, but in this case there are tags that
> you can use.

Fair enough, I do suppose any merge commits would really mess things up.  Although i didn't think of tags, by typing it:

> repo forall -c git checkout android-2.3.5_r1

I believe I now have a build that I believe will run properly, although several of the projects did give me this:

> error: pathspec 'android-2.3.5_r1' did not match any file(s) known to git.

So not all of the projects must have that tag, but at least it gives me something to work with until I can connect to the repo again.  Thanks.

~Leif Andersen

Magnus Bäck

Sep 5, 2011, 2:29:50 PM9/5/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Monday, September 05, 2011 at 17:15 CEST,
Sanghee Kim <sanghe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question. How did you know http works? Did you just try it
> with git and http protocol?

I don't know; I think someone on this list said HTTP worked.

Magnus Bäck

Sep 5, 2011, 2:41:34 PM9/5/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Monday, September 05, 2011 at 19:08 CEST,
Leif Andersen <le...@leifandersen.net> wrote:

> > This isn't constructive.
>
> Fair enough, I apologise for that.
>
> > HTTP access to android.git.kernel.org appears to work, by the way.
>
> Interesting that it's working for you. I can not access it with
> the repo tool, firefox, or even just by pinging it (using "ping
> android.kernel.org"). Note though that git.kernel.org is working
> for me though.

Okay, weird. Maybe we get different mirrors? Judging by your name I'd
guess that the probability of us getting the same mirror would be rather
good. FWIW, android.git.kernel.org resolves to android4.git.kernel.org
for me. It's hosted by Umeå university.

> > Did the solution I provided not work, or what's the problem? It's
> > not inconceivable that "repo init -b android-2.3.5_r1" wants to
> > check something with the remote, but you can always check out the
> > correct manifest yourself and continue with "repo sync -l".
>
> No it didn't work. But I suspect that's because I can't even contact
> android.git.kernel.org at all.

Yep.

> > Checking out the state of a repository at a given point in time is
> > generally difficult with Git, but in this case there are tags that
> > you can use.
>
> Fair enough, I do suppose any merge commits would really mess things
> up.

No, they don't make a difference. The problem is rather that, apart from
the reflog, Git has no notion of when a particular commit is introduced
on a branch (except for the special case of the merge commits that
Gerrit creates). The author date or commit date fields in the commit
header aren't generally useful.

Depending on what's been going on in your workspace the reflog might
help you.

> Although i didn't think of tags, by typing it:
>
> > repo forall -c git checkout android-2.3.5_r1
>
> I believe I now have a build that I believe will run properly,
> although several of the projects did give me this:
>
> > error: pathspec 'android-2.3.5_r1' did not match any file(s) known to git.

That's expected if your manifest still is from the master branch. You
shouldn't get this if you've checked out the android-2.3.5_r1 manifest
first.

Leif Andersen

Sep 5, 2011, 2:48:26 PM9/5/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Actually, I'm in the USA, despite my name.  I suppose that would make sense, as the servers I've been using to try to ping android.git.kernel.org have been relatively close to me (physically).  android4.git.kernel.org works though, I'll just redirect it to that using the same hack you posted as before.  And it seems to be working, thanks.

~Leif Andersen

Bernard Talbert

Sep 5, 2011, 10:07:47 PM9/5/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Google should temporarily host the android repository on Github (if
possible) until korg can be restored.
Linus has moved linux kernel there (but that's not a 'repo' just a
single Git repository).

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/11/09/05/1138255/Linux-Kernel-Moves-To-Github?utm_source=rss1.0mainlinkanon&utm_medium=feed

This incident shows why its a good thing some people and companies are
setting up their own
repo mirrors for various android distros.

karthik

Sep 6, 2011, 2:38:47 AM9/6/11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Sanghee Kim,

Thanks a lot for the clear explanation of various things !! It makes a
lot of sense now for a newbie like me :)...
I tried your suggestions and it seems to work . I also tried Jim Hua /
Magnus back suggestions.. However I seem to get Fatal HTTP error , not
sure why but your solution works for me !!

On Sep 3, 12:41 am, Sanghee Kim <sangheest...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think you want to get source from CyanogenMod via repo but it got
> problem. Now korg (android.git.kernel.org) is in problem. So if the
> manifest from CyanogenMod includes any git projects hosted in korg,
> you can find connection error even you run 'repo init' once again.
>
> I thinkhttp://goo.gl/YiFM6is default.xml (manifest.xml) of
>
> read more »

Magnus Bäck

Nov 29, 2012, 9:53:57 AM11/29/12
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 01:51 EST,
kishor bhat <kish...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am failed to get ics source from codeaurora when i try:
>
> repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git -b ics -m
> M8260AAABQNLZA30116.xml --repo-url=git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo.git
>

> Get git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo.git
> codeaurora.org[0: 199.106.109.189]: errno=Connection refused
> fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

You probably have a firewall that blocks outbound port 9418 connections
(the Git protocol). It doesn't seem like CodeAurora gives Git access via
HTTP/HTTPS, but maybe Martin or Nasser knows more.

BTW, I'd be very surprised if the --repo-url option is necessary.

--
Magnus Bäck
ba...@google.com

Nasser Grainawi

Nov 29, 2012, 11:22:12 AM11/29/12
to Magnus Bäck, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
There's no HTTP/HTTPS on Code Aurora currently.

As Magnus said, --repo-url shouldn't be necessary now, but if 9418 is blocked you won't be able to get any of the other projects from code aurora either.

Nasser

> --
> Magnus Bäck
> ba...@google.com
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
hosted by The Linux Foundation