Strange behavior with the "Verified" label

Erwan Ben Souiden

Jul 10, 2015, 10:52:57 AM7/10/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Since I migrated to Gerrit 2.11.1, I noted the following strange behavior.
From the beginning of my project, I removed the bloc definition for the "Verified" label (in my project.config file) but since my migration, this label becomes "mandatory"...

In my case this label isn't necessary so I "workaround" it by using the "NoBlock" function.
But I still don't understand why now this label is necessary (I have no problem with the other labels or when I create new).
Of course this project inherits from nothing.

I read nothing about it in the 2.11.1 documentation, so if you have any clue let me know :)
Thanks in advance

/Erwan

Edwin Kempin

Jul 11, 2015, 1:12:41 AM7/11/15
to Erwan Ben Souiden, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi there,

Since I migrated to Gerrit 2.11.1, I noted the following strange behavior.
From the beginning of my project, I removed the bloc definition for the "Verified" label (in my project.config file) but since my migration, this label becomes "mandatory"...
Check in the All-Project project if the definition is still removed and if not, remove it again.
There is now an init step that can install the Verified label, propbably you executed in when migrating to 2.11.1.

In my case this label isn't necessary so I "workaround" it by using the "NoBlock" function.
But I still don't understand why now this label is necessary (I have no problem with the other labels or when I create new).
Of course this project inherits from nothing.

I read nothing about it in the 2.11.1 documentation, so if you have any clue let me know :)
Thanks in advance

/Erwan

Erwan Ben Souiden

Jul 13, 2015, 3:36:29 AM7/13/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, e.bens...@gmail.com
Hi Edwin,

Thank you for the quick reply and that's it!
The migration process enabled the "Verified" label into my "All-Projects" project after removing it everything go back to normal :)

/Erwan