Plans for next gitiles release?

Björn Pedersen

Aug 25, 2016, 3:03:12 AM8/25/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

as there are now considerable changes for gitiles either merged or almost ready , are there plans for a new gitiles release?
Once it is released I could prepare a change for plugins/gitiles with updated dependencies as well (mostly jgit and commonmark [1]) .

https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/84215/ should probably go in  before releasing.

Björn

[1] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/80490/

David Pursehouse

Aug 25, 2016, 3:17:48 AM8/25/16
to Björn Pedersen, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM 'Björn Pedersen' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi,

as there are now considerable changes for gitiles either merged or almost ready , are there plans for a new gitiles release?

I was thinking the same.  Here's a change to increment the version:

Once that's merged I can build it.

When the corresponding upgrades have been done on the gitiles plugin we should make a stable-2.13 branch before this one is merged:

There are also a couple of open changes from Jonathan that would probably be nice to get in, if they're still relevant.

Once it is released I could prepare a change for plugins/gitiles with updated dependencies as well (mostly jgit and commonmark [1]) .

https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/84215/ should probably go in  before releasing.

That change is already merged yesterday.

Björn Pedersen

Aug 25, 2016, 3:40:35 AM8/25/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, ice...@googlemail.com
Hi,

 thanks.

 >When the corresponding upgrades have been done on the gitiles plugin we should make a stable-2.13 branch before this one is merged:

Yes, sounds good.

There are also a couple of open changes from Jonathan that would probably be nice to get in, if they're still relevant.

I tried to test them, but the second patch does not build due to missing deps.

Björn

David Pursehouse

Aug 25, 2016, 3:55:04 AM8/25/16
to Björn Pedersen, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I fixed it in the latest patch set.  The dependency wasn't missing; it was a wrong import.

Also fixed another compilation error that cropped up.

Björn