Gerrit email njotifications

Zohaib ahmed hassan

Apr 27, 2015, 4:25:32 PM4/27/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi every one i have posted an issue on gerrit Community website
please some none help me in this issue i am unable to configure Gerrit email notification correctly I have attached the file which is result of the process mentioned in below link'
project.config

Magnus Bäck

Apr 28, 2015, 1:45:52 AM4/28/15
to Zohaib ahmed hassan, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 20:35 CEST,
Zohaib ahmed hassan <zohaib.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi every one i have posted an issue on gerrit Community website
> https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=3339

This mailing list has a wider audience so I wouldn't start with the
issue tracker.

> please some none help me in this issue i am unable to configure Gerrit
> email notification correctly I have attached the file which is result
> of the process mentioned in below link'
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/user-notify.html#notify.name.header

Does Gerrit ever send email? Is there anything interesting in
the Gerrit log? Any email sending issues should be logged there.

--
Magnus Bäck | Software Engineer, Development Tools
magnu...@sonymobile.com | Sony Mobile Communications

Zohaib ahmed hassan

Apr 28, 2015, 2:10:32 AM4/28/15
to Zohaib ahmed hassan, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
I found this in the logs
[2015-04-28 05:39:49,330] INFO  com.google.gerrit.server.mail.OutgoingEmail : Skipping delivery of email with no recipients
[2015-04-28 05:40:32,811] INFO  com.google.gerrit.server.mail.OutgoingEmail : Skipping delivery of email with no recipients
[2015-04-28 05:40:38,263] INFO  com.google.gerrit.server.mail.OutgoingEmail : Skipping delivery of email with no recipients
[2015-04-28 05:44:19,863] INFO  com.google.gerrit.server.mail.OutgoingEmail : Skipping delivery of email with no recipients
[2015-04-28 05:44:19,989] INFO  com.google.gerrit.server.mail.OutgoingEmail : Skipping delivery of email with no recipients

--
Thanks Regards
Zohaib Ahmed Hassan

Zohaib ahmed hassan

Apr 28, 2015, 7:44:49 AM4/28/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
 Now i am getting this error
Mail Error: SMTP server rejected auth: 535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed:

Magnus Bäck

Apr 28, 2015, 8:18:40 AM4/28/15
to Zohaib ahmed hassan, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 13:44 CEST,
Zohaib ahmed hassan <zohaib.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now i am getting this error
> Mail Error: SMTP server rejected auth: 535 5.7.8 Error: authentication
> failed:

So... your SMTP server rejects whatever credentials you've configured
Gerrit to use. This is something you'll have to debug on your side. Are
the right credentials being used? Do they work with another SMTP client
than Gerrit?

If you don't have an SMTP server running on localhost this would be a
good time to set it up.

Zohaib ahmed hassan

Apr 28, 2015, 8:21:59 AM4/28/15
to Zohaib ahmed hassan, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
i am using my own smtp server its working well with other software ZUUl and sending emails
this is from my current gerrit.config file
[sendemail]
smtpServer = mail.example.com
        smtpServerPort = 25
        smtpUser = us...@example.com
        smtpPass = 123
am i missing some thing?

Magnus Bäck

May 4, 2015, 3:10:41 AM5/4/15
to Zohaib ahmed hassan, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 14:21 CEST,
Zohaib ahmed hassan <zohaib.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i am using my own smtp server its working well with other software
> ZUUl and sending emails
> this is from my current gerrit.config file
> [sendemail]
> smtpServer = mail.example.com
> smtpServerPort = 25
> smtpUser = us...@example.com
> smtpPass = 123
> am i missing some thing?

I'd compare Gerrit's SMTP conversation with that of SMTP clients that
work. What's the difference?

Zohaib ahmed hassan

May 4, 2015, 3:29:02 AM5/4/15
to Zohaib ahmed hassan, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
ok i have done this know its working now