Unstable ssh connection for gerrit stream-events

Markus Duft

Jul 13, 2015, 2:47:18 AM7/13/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Are you aware of the issues described here: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jgit-dev/msg02937.html

The problem is, that for /some/ Gerrit installations (not all, it seems), the stream-events connection stops streaming events after a while. The connection is still considered open in that case though... Smells fishy... ;)

Cheers,
Markus

Björn Pedersen

Jul 13, 2015, 2:56:49 AM7/13/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com

Markus Duft

Jul 13, 2015, 6:44:38 AM7/13/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Not really sure whether this could be related. At least for our custom software that listens on the stream, we do not create new connections, and the old one is still open... there is just nothing happening on that connection anymore. Also the Gerrit server has only 30 ESTABLISHED connections in my case, which sounds pretty OK for a high load server that is up since 171 days :)

Whats also interesting is, that when i launch stream-events manually through command line SSH, it seems pretty stable, whereas when I use JSCH (through Jenkins or our own software) it seems to die at some point. No idea whats the problem...

Cheers,
Markus