Does Gerrit code review supports (.caffemodel , .dlc, .pb & .tflite) extension file types?

Mohan Kumar

Mar 6, 2018, 5:07:27 AM3/6/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Our Server Environment: Gerrit Version - 2.10.2

Question: Does Gerrit code review supports (.caffemodel , .dlc, .pb & .tflite) extension file types?

Problem:  We have successfully pushed the above given file type files around 4-GB data to Gerrit system.  No error during the push, However after push when we tried to open the review request on Gerrit GUI, it shows below error message.

Error:

Not Found

The page you requested was not found, or you do not have permission to view this page

Also unable to clone the repository as well. It shows following error.

mohan/project$ git clone ssh://moh...@100.101.102.103:29418/dev-tools

Cloning into 'snap-tools'...

fatal: remote error: want b5f364b4068e295d29f0c39c635e4ef45bfc6adc not valid

fatal: internal server error

Other repository clone, code review on gerrit and etc.. operations working fine, Currently problem with only this repository. Does this file type and supports or not? Are do I need to configure any settings, Kindly let me know.

Björn Pedersen

Mar 6, 2018, 11:45:23 AM3/6/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

did you tune your gerrit setup (e.g. available memory)?

See e.g. https://www.slideshare.net/JohannesNicolai1/gerrit-performance-tuning-talk-at-google-summit (slide 42 especially) wher it recommends that the largest repo should still fit in 1/4 of your heap size, so you'll want quite some RAM.
Also the gerrit version is rather old (2.14 is current and 2.15 soon to come). Binary files will never be shown in the web interface (and normally no web browser  will like GB-sized files anyway).

With newer gerrit version I would suggest to use the git-lfs plugin and use  lfs for storing these large binaries.

Björn

PS: and of course some excerpt from  gerrit.log with stacktrace would probably help to better guess where the problem arises....

Matthias Sohn

Mar 6, 2018, 2:14:06 PM3/6/18
to Mohan Kumar, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 11:07 AM, Mohan Kumar <moha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Our Server Environment: Gerrit Version - 2.10.2

Question: Does Gerrit code review supports (.caffemodel , .dlc, .pb & .tflite) extension file types?

Problem:  We have successfully pushed the above given file type files around 4-GB data to Gerrit system.  No error during the push, However after push when we tried to open the review request on Gerrit GUI, it shows below error message.

Error:

Not Found

The page you requested was not found, or you do not have permission to view this page

Also unable to clone the repository as well. It shows following error.

mohan/project$ git clone ssh://moh...@100.101.102.103:29418/dev-tools

Cloning into 'snap-tools'...

fatal: remote error: want b5f364b4068e295d29f0c39c635e4ef45bfc6adc not valid

fatal: internal server error

did you check the error_log ?

Run $ git fsck --full on this repository to check if it has any corrupt objects.

Schedule git gc (or jgit gc) to run regularly on your repositories.

Upgrade to a newer Gerrit version. Since Gerrit 2.10 a lot of bugs were also fixed in JGit.

Other repository clone, code review on gerrit and etc.. operations working fine, Currently problem with only this repository. Does this file type and supports or not? Are do I need to configure any settings, Kindly let me know.

Mohan Kumar

Mar 7, 2018, 7:40:12 AM3/7/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Ok thanks for the information.

Better way is to upgrade our gerrit version. Could you tell me the best way to upgrade my gerrit version -2.10.2 to latest version.

I have seen few post says that upgrade directly to latest must give trouble. So i need upgrade my gerrit version from -2.10.2 to 2.11 followed by 2.12, 2.13 then 2.14.6(latest) correct? My database is MYSQL.

Kindly clarify me. Thanks in advance.

Mohan Kumar

Mar 10, 2018, 4:41:45 AM3/10/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Can someone confirm me. So that i will proceed to upgrade my gerrit version-2.10.2 to latest.

Matthias Sohn

Mar 10, 2018, 5:53:52 AM3/10/18
On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Mohan Kumar <moha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can someone confirm me. So that i will proceed to upgrade my gerrit version-2.10.2 to latest.

read the release notes to find out how to upgrade
if you want to use online reindexing you can't skip intermediate minor version upgrades.
Note that some of the versions introduce new indexes which require offline indexing to create
these new indexes.

-Matthias

Mohan Kumar

Mar 10, 2018, 8:57:38 AM3/10/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Ok.Then i will upgrade my gerrit version from -2.10.2 to 2.11(first) followed by 2.12, 2.13 then 2.14.6(latest).

Mohan Kumar

Mar 16, 2018, 12:51:22 PM3/16/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Team thank you so much for the support. I have successfully upgraded our gerrit from 2.10.2 to latest version-2.14.7 today.