Plugin access to review size

Matthew Montgomery

Sep 9, 2016, 9:05:20 AM9/9/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi all,

What logic does Gerrit use to determine the size column when looking at all open reviews. More specifically, what determines when a change transitions from green to orange to red in the size column? Is there a way for a plugin to get at that information? I see that on PatchSetAttribute there are accessors for sizeDeletions and sizeInsertions, does that get me close to what I am asking for?

Thanks!

--
Matthew

Edwin Kempin

Sep 9, 2016, 10:00:33 AM9/9/16
to Matthew Montgomery, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Matthew Montgomery <mat...@signed8bit.com> wrote:
Hi all,

What logic does Gerrit use to determine the size column when looking at all open reviews. More specifically, what determines when a change transitions from green to orange to red in the size column? Is there a way for a plugin to get at that information? I see that on PatchSetAttribute there are accessors for sizeDeletions and sizeInsertions, does that get me close to what I am asking for?
Yes, the size of a change is the sum of all deletion and all insertions.
There is a configuration parameter that defines when a change is considered as large [1].
The logic that renders the colored size bar is in the client [2].

Thanks!

--
Matthew

Matthew Montgomery

Sep 9, 2016, 10:03:11 AM9/9/16
to Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Perfect! Thanks a lot for the pointers Edwin.

--
Matthew