GWT UX: Use of space on the changes table

lucamilanesio

Apr 6, 2017, 3:15:45 AM4/6/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi all,
I know I am talking about the old-GWT UX ... but on stable-2.14 is the default supported one, still :-)

See below:

Do we really want to waste an entire (quite wide) column for a field that is rarely used?

The assignee field isn't really a mandatory field, his place should be only on the details screen.

Can we get rid of it on the default changes table for stable-2.14?

What do you think?

Luca.

Matthew Webber

Apr 6, 2017, 4:27:36 AM4/6/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
We expect to make use of Assignee when we move to 2.14, so I personally would like the option to have that column on the search result screen, as illustrated.
It doesn't need to be there by default, though. I could be a user preference, like we already have for e.g. "Show Change Number In Changes Table".
Matthew

Sven Selberg

Apr 6, 2017, 4:29:57 AM4/6/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

That's easy enough.
Just opt out of assignee workflow in your gerrit.config :-)

/Sven

[change]
    showAssignee = false

Luca Milanesio

Apr 6, 2017, 5:01:58 AM4/6/17
to Sven Selberg, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Cool,
just proposed to have a backward-compatible UX by turning it to false by default:

Luca.