Github Integration Questions.

Patrick

Jun 8, 2016, 8:32:50 PM6/8/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I've installed the Gerrit / Github integration plugin and have two questions.  I don't see anything on this in my reading of the documentation or cursory skimming of the code.

  1. The documentation talks about Github group integration but it does not seem to be enabled in my set up.  When I import a repository from Github I expected the "teams" that have access to automatically be created in Gerrit and populated with users as they authenticate.  Am I missing something to enable this?  I'll admit I have no idea where I got the impression this might happen.

    I do have "scopes = USER_EMAIL,PUBLIC_REPO,READ_ORG,READ_PUBLIC_KEY" set in my Gerrit config.

  2. Is there any way to enable ACLs on the ability to import projects?  I don't really like that anyone with a Github ID can import their own projects into my server.
Any help here is much appreciated.

-- Patrick Williams

Luca Milanesio

Jun 9, 2016, 3:20:21 AM6/9/16
to Patrick, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Patrick,
answers in-line.

On 9 Jun 2016, at 01:32, Patrick <william...@gmail.com> wrote:

I've installed the Gerrit / Github integration plugin and have two questions.  I don't see anything on this in my reading of the documentation or cursory skimming of the code.

  1. The documentation talks about Github group integration but it does not seem to be enabled in my set up.  When I import a repository from Github I expected the "teams" that have access to automatically be created in Gerrit and populated with users as they authenticate.
You can see a "live demo" of the Gerrit GitHub plugin on http://gerrithub.io.

Once you sign up using your GitHub login, go to the following page:

You will then see all your GitHub organisations and teams as Gerrit groups.
They are all under the name-space "github/".

  1. Am I missing something to enable this?  I'll admit I have no idea where I got the impression this might happen.
It does happen but just in a different way you think :-)
Gerrit does not "import or create" groups but simply look them up from GitHub when needed.

  1. I do have "scopes = USER_EMAIL,PUBLIC_REPO,READ_ORG,READ_PUBLIC_KEY" set in my Gerrit config.

That's fine, it should be more than enough.

  1. Is there any way to enable ACLs on the ability to import projects?  I don't really like that anyone with a Github ID can import their own projects into my server.
Projects can be imported ONLY if a user has push permissions to it. With regards to import of "personal projects", there isn't an ACL for it at the moment but it could be a nice contribution and it would make sense.

Luca.