Geri's stable-2.11 branch points to an invalid Buck Commit-ID

Jay M

Nov 11, 2015, 5:02:39 PM11/11/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I am running into a silly problem (and possibly doing something stupid):

Affected Version: stable-2.11

What steps will reproduce the problem?
2. cd gerrit; git checkout stable-2.11
3. git clone https://github.com:facebook/buck.git
4. cd buck; git checkout $(cat ../gerrit/.buckversion)

Expected Output: "You have entered a detached head state."
Actual Output: fatal: reference is not a tree: ba9f239f69287a553ca93af76a27484d83693563

Hector Oswaldo Caballero

Nov 11, 2015, 9:06:41 PM11/11/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Jay,

A "forked" version of Buck is being used in stable-2.11 in order to have a bug fix done in the upstream version; please see this change: https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/72155/

In order to have the needed version, you can clone instead from the gerrit repository here: https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/admin/projects/buck

Let me know if you have any other queation,

Best regards,

David Pursehouse

Nov 12, 2015, 1:25:31 AM11/12/15
to Hector Oswaldo Caballero, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 6:06 PM Hector Oswaldo Caballero <osw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jay,

A "forked" version of Buck is being used in stable-2.11 in order to have a bug fix done in the upstream version; please see this change: https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/72155/

In order to have the needed version, you can clone instead from the gerrit repository here: https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/admin/projects/buck

Instead of cloning buck again, you can just add the google repository as a remote in the existing buck clone.