Re: Why is the user who creates a new project not automatically the project owner + how to change this?

Edwin Kempin

Dec 22, 2017, 2:28:21 AM12/22/17
to Nabi Zamani, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
With the Create Project REST endpoint [1] you can specify owner groups [2]. This way you can create a project and at the same time assign the project ownership to certain groups. Unfortunately the UI doesn't allow you to specify an owner group.

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Nabi Zamani <nabi....@gmail.com> wrote:
My goal is to allow all registered users to (or later maybe only users of a certain group) to create own gerrit projects from the Web UI:

[capability]
createProject = group Registered Users

With this setting in the project.config of All-Projects the registered users can create projects from the Web UI. However, after the project creation they are not allowed to manage the project, because they are not a project owner of the project they just created. That feels quite strange to me, or is there anything I'm missing? And how can the "project creator" become the project owner of own projects

Nabi Zamani

Sven Selberg

Dec 22, 2017, 4:19:14 AM12/22/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
You can quite easily accomplish that by installing the singleusergroup plugin, write a plugin that implements NewProjectCreatedListener and set the user who created the project as owner.

/Sven