Having trouble w/ installing Gerrit

Steve James

Sep 13, 2016, 2:50:41 AM9/13/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Quick details:

1.  Linux server;  I have PuTTY ssh access.
2.  MySQL db (must use this, not another db)
3.  Self hosted bare git repo, accessed via SmartGit

Trying to set up Gerrit.   I tried the quick install but that seemed to an error...

1. I have updated the Java runtime to 1.8
2. I have downloaded the Gerrit .war file.
3. I have not ever had any luck w/ switching into su mode, only using sudo.  (asked for help on the su password)
4. I created the gerrit2 user.  I am not that user presently, because of #3 above.
5. I created a folder /var/www/gerrit and made gerrit2 the owner.
6. I created a 'gerrit2'@'localhost' user w/ password in MySQL.
7. I created the requested MySQL reviewdb.
8. I do the interactive java -jar gerrit.war init -d /var/www/gerrit
9. I make some progress, but I get the following error:

fatal: DbInjector failed
fatal
: Unable to determine SqlDialect
fatal
:   caused by java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'gerrit2'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Also, the init asks "Location of Git repositories [git]:" Is this a repo that Gerrit uses or the repo where my code is at?

Thanks!

-Steve

Edwin Kempin

Sep 13, 2016, 4:26:39 AM9/13/16
to Steve James, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Steve James <4stev...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Double-check the "database" section in the  'etc/gerrit.config' file (inside of the installation folder).

Also, the init asks "Location of Git repositories [git]:" Is this a repo that Gerrit uses or the repo where my code is at?
That's the folder where Gerrit should store the Git repositories for the projects that are created in Gerrit.

Thanks!

-Steve

Steve James

Sep 13, 2016, 11:23:17 AM9/13/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thank you for your reply!

I looked in the database section as directed, and found the following:

[database]
 type
= mysql
 hostname