[Poll] Gerrit User Summit 2017

lucamilanesio

Feb 22, 2017, 8:22:26 AM2/22/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Dear Gerrit Code Review Community,
during the past User Summit in Mountain View, I have proposed to have a User Summit in 2017 located in Europe/London rather than the traditional US West Coast location.
The primary rationale behind the proposal is to engage with a wider and more diverse community, who can bring new requirements and needs from of the European Gerrit Community. It would be an opportunity to see more faces and get new ideas.

While the adoption of Gerrit Code Review has been historically high in the USA, more recently major European companies have started using it as the standard tool for their development lifecycle. More and more people from Europe began to participate actively in the mailing list and contributing new ideas and code.

I have prepared a poll to give you the ability to say what you think and express your will to come to the Summit on the following URL:

We will leave it open for the next two weeks and then we'll publish the results.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond to the poll and hoping to see you soon at the next Gerrit User Summit 2017.

Luca.

lucamilanesio

Feb 22, 2017, 5:46:54 PM2/22/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
People started to give their preference to the venue and the current polls are:

- Summit in Europe/London: 43%
- Summit either in Europe or USA: 26%
- Summit in USA: 22%
- Other: 9%

*HAVE YOUR SAY* and give your feedback at:

lucamilanesio

Feb 23, 2017, 5:00:40 PM2/23/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
... with regards to the POLL >>> https://goo.gl/M7X6rp  <<<

Even if you are not coming, we would like your vote for the next forthcoming Gerrit User Summit 2017.
You can specify at the end of the poll a comment with the reason for not attending.

WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED YET many votes from the USA, which is unusual. If you would come if the Gerrit User Summit 2017 were hosted in the States, just answer "Yes, but only in the USA".

IF YOU ARE NOT COMING and do not want to share the reason, just answer "No".

The poll is very short and it takes no more than 30 seconds to complete.
Thank you for your time.

Luca.

lucamilanesio

Feb 28, 2017, 6:27:14 AM2/28/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

*REMINDER* this consultation will end on March 8th.
Have your say at >>> https://goo.gl/M7X6rp  <<<

We had 57 votes from 13 countries, resulting in the following intermediate results:

23 of the above votes came from the USA and 34 from the rest of the world. Of the 23 USA votes, only 10 of them wouldn't come if the Summit were located in Europe this year, whilst the rest of them would come anyway.

But again .... those are just intermediate results :-)

Express your preference by the 8th of March and then we will make collectively a decision.

lucamilanesio

Mar 6, 2017, 3:46:25 PM3/6/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
3 DAYS TO GO !
Final chance to have your say on the next forthcoming Gerrit User Summit 2017

Europe? USA? Have your say at >>> https://goo.gl/M7X6rp  <<<

lucamilanesio

Mar 8, 2017, 4:43:49 AM3/8/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
*LAST DAY* of voting for the forthcoming Gerrit User Summit 2017
We had 71 votes so far, which is *impressive* and is a clue of the strong involvement of the Community into this event.

Last chance to have your say at >>> https://goo.gl/M7X6rp  <<<

I will publish the results tomorrow, so that we can make a decision and start planning the Summit.

Luca.

lucamilanesio

Mar 9, 2017, 4:31:43 AM3/9/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thanks everyone for having provided your preference for the Gerrit User Summit 2017.

See below the final results:

Based on the results, the two options (USA vs. Europe) for the Summit would, in theory, have the following attendance:

  1. Summit in Europe (only Europe + USA/Europe): 54 attendees
  2. Summit in USA (only USA + USA/Europe): 37 attendees

See the full report of the results at

The choice is then for Europe/London, and the availability we have for the Summit at SkillsMatter / CodeNode is:
  • Saturday 30/09 to Sunday 01/10 – Pre-summit and Gerrit+Plugins Hackathon
  • Monday 02/10 to Tuesday 03/10 – Gerrit User Summit

I will get in touch now with Google (Shawn & C), CollabNet, SAP, SkillsMatter and all the other Companies interested in making this even happen.

Thanks again for your vote and hope to see all of you in London this year!

Luca.

lucamilanesio

Apr 26, 2017, 3:38:24 AM4/26/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
@Gerrit Maintainers,
shall we start creating the 'summit/2017' repository to start putting together the information for the forthcoming Gerrit User Summit 2017 in London?

Luca.

Dave Borowitz

Apr 26, 2017, 3:42:10 AM4/26/17
to luca milanesio, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Sounds great. I was told you were going to send an official announcement this week as well :)

David Pursehouse

Apr 26, 2017, 6:08:04 AM4/26/17
On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 9:38 AM lucamilanesio <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
@Gerrit Maintainers,
shall we start creating the 'summit/2017' repository to start putting together the information for the forthcoming Gerrit User Summit 2017 in London?

Permissions are set up more or less the same as summit/2016

lucamilanesio

Apr 26, 2017, 9:03:29 AM4/26/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, luca.mi...@gmail.com
At the moment only Gerrit Maintainers have +2 on this ... can we have something more specific for the Summit?
In the past it was Shawn, but this year it could be a non-Gerrit Maintainer organizing it ;-)

Luca.

Shawn Pearce

Apr 26, 2017, 10:13:41 AM4/26/17
to lucamilanesio, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Yes. There's now a summit-2017 group with +2/submit.

Luca Milanesio

Apr 26, 2017, 2:21:36 PM4/26/17
to Shawn Pearce, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thanks a lot, appreciated it :-)

Luca.

lucamilanesio

May 12, 2017, 5:11:03 PM5/12/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, s...@google.com
It seems that the group summit-2017 does not have Verified +1 permission :-(

Can some Gerrit maintainer grant the Verified +1 permission to the project?
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/?polygerrit=0#/admin/projects/summit/2017,access

I need to verify +1 and submit the Gerrit User Summit 2017 home page.

Thank you.

Luca.