Settings button not shown for menuextender plugin

Daniele Palmas

Jun 21, 2017, 9:45:08 AM6/21/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello,

I have two Gerrit installations (both the same version 2.14) in which I am administrator. I installed plugin menuextender (version 0ed7e57), but I'm facing two different situations:

- In the first installation I am able to see the settings button (Plugins -> Installed -> Settings cell) and modify settings from UI (from page /#/x/menuextender/settings) and all is working fine.

- In the second installation I am not able to see the settings button and I'm not also able to access directly the page at /#/x/menuextender/settings (Not Found The page you requested was not found, or you do not have permission to view this page.) If I add etc/menuextender.config manually, it does not seem to work.

I'm currently suspecting some kind of permission issue, but I do not have a clue where to check.

logs/error_log does not seem to show any error:

[2017-06-21 11:30:52,438] [main] INFO  com.google.gerrit.server.plugins.PluginLoader : Loaded plugin menuextender, version 0ed7e57

Do someone have any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Daniele