Can draft be visible to all if View Draft access rights is given ti all

Doron Shai

Nov 8, 2015, 8:29:31 AM11/8/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

I want all the users in our project to be able to see all current open drafts.

I tried to give the users i want permissions on Draft view and it is still not visible....

is it possible?

According to documentation, if I add a reviewer to a draft than he will be able to see the draft. but it is also said that even without the view draft permission he will be able to see this draft.... this confused me as i am not sure what ability this permission actually adds

View Drafts

This category permits users to view draft changes uploaded by other users.

The change owner and any explicitly added reviewers can always see draft changes (even without having the View Drafts access right assigned).

Doron

Edwin Kempin

Nov 8, 2015, 10:52:26 AM11/8/15
to Doron Shai, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Doron Shai <doro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I want all the users in our project to be able to see all current open drafts.

I tried to give the users i want permissions on Draft view and it is still not visible....

is it possible?
Yes, assigning the View Drafts [1] access rights allows these users to see all drafts.
E.g. assign it on refs/* to Registered Users.

According to documentation, if I add a reviewer to a draft than he will be able to see the draft. but it is also said that even without the view draft permission he will be able to see this draft....
Yes, this allows you to collaborate with certain colleagues in private.
You push your change as draft, it is only visible to yourself (and users that have the View Draft permission).
By adding reviewers on the draft change, you make that one draft change visible to the reviewers, e.g you want to have feedback from a certain user while others cannot see the change yet.

this confused me as i am not sure what ability this permission actually adds
The permission allows you to see all draft, even when you are not a reviewer.
The main use case is to assign it to a technical Jenkins user, so that Jenkins can do verification on draft changes without being explicitly added as reviewer to each change.

View Drafts

This category permits users to view draft changes uploaded by other users.

The change owner and any explicitly added reviewers can always see draft changes (even without having the View Drafts access right assigned).

Doron

Doron Shai

Nov 9, 2015, 3:24:01 AM11/9/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, doro...@gmail.com
Thanks.

It is working, by mistake the user used the URL - http://gerrit:8080/#/q/owner:self+is:draft  instead of http://gerrit:8080/#/q/is:draft

is there a way to add a link to all drafts in the UI, under the All tab?

Doron

Doron Shai

Nov 11, 2015, 3:16:02 AM11/11/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
can someone take a look?

Matthias Sohn

Nov 11, 2015, 3:18:58 AM11/11/15
to Doron Shai, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Doron Shai

Nov 11, 2015, 6:52:58 AM11/11/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thanks.

I try to understand how to/ where to i add a new file called myDash.config (see attached)

I saw that i have to push it to refs/meta/dashboards/* but there is no such ref.

Please assist,
Doron

Doron Shai

Nov 15, 2015, 2:45:50 AM11/15/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
as the original topic is solved, I will open a new Topic about the way to change / add / manage dashboards.