refs/notes/commits push error

Ashwini T R

Apr 25, 2017, 5:16:14 AM4/25/17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi

In a local git repo, added some notes in refs/notes/commits, I want to push this notes to gerrit, when I do it as following, error happened.

bash-4.1$ git push gerrit refs/notes/commits

Counting objects: 105, done.

Compressing objects: 100% (80/80), done.

Writing objects: 100% (105/105), 10.55 KiB, done.

Total 105 (delta 33), reused 0 (delta 0)

remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (33/33)

remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done

To ssh://<user_account>@<host>:8282/<project>

! [remote rejected] refs/notes/commits -> refs/notes/commits (prohibited by Gerrit)

error: failed to push some refs to ''ssh://<user_account>@<host>:8282/<project>

And in addition to that, we did sync a svn repo to git using subgit.

-bash-4.1$ ls

branches  config  db  HEAD  hooks  logs  objects  refs  subgit  svn

We want to see  want to see svn revision in git log. So did

-bash-4.1$ git update-ref refs/notes/commits refs/svn/map

Then  want to push refs/notes/commits to gerrit, so others could fetch it after clone the project.

Then the above error happened when push.

Please suggest.

Regards

Ashwini