Cherry-Picking of LDAP Connection Leaking fix

Claudio Pacchiega

Jun 10, 2016, 6:47:45 PM6/10/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I noticed that our gerrit 2.9 server with LDAP authentication is eagerly leaking LDAP connections and threads, I investigated and see that this was a known bug fixed in 2.10 see [1]. I also verified that the problem is quite severe since it leaks one thread  with any LDAP authentication, and forcing us to restart quite often the gerrit server to reclaim resources.

We can't still update to 2.10 or later, and this is the only big problem we met with  stable 2.9, thus  I cherry-picked this change [2]
 so that we can keep in using it without additional problems.

Can this be merged by someone on the stable 2.9?

Thanks,
Claudio

David Pursehouse

Jun 11, 2016, 6:34:44 AM6/11/16
to Claudio Pacchiega, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 7:47 AM Claudio Pacchiega <claudio....@gmail.com> wrote:
I noticed that our gerrit 2.9 server with LDAP authentication is eagerly leaking LDAP connections and threads, I investigated and see that this was a known bug fixed in 2.10 see [1]. I also verified that the problem is quite severe since it leaks one thread  with any LDAP authentication, and forcing us to restart quite often the gerrit server to reclaim resources.

We can't still update to 2.10 or later, and this is the only big problem we met with  stable 2.9, thus  I cherry-picked this change [2]
 so that we can keep in using it without additional problems.

Can this be merged by someone on the stable 2.9?

Is there are reason you need it to be merged?  Can't you just build your deployment with that cherry-picked fix.

It can of course be merged, but I don't think anyone is interested in making a new release off the stable-2.9 branch.

luca.mi...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2016, 7:42:34 AM6/11/16
to David Pursehouse, Claudio Pacchiega, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Lots of changes were merged as well on stable-2.7 after the release. Would just make it easier to have a CI build on gerrit-ci.

Should be harmless anyway :-)

Luca

Sent from my iPhone