Comments for ShowCases get spammed

Björn Pedersen

Apr 29, 2015, 7:33:27 AM4/29/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it seems there is quite a lot of spam accumulating in the comments for:

https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/wiki/ShowCases

Björn

Edwin Kempin

Apr 29, 2015, 7:40:48 AM4/29/15
to Björn Pedersen, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thanks for the info. I deleted all those spam comments, but I'm not sure how they can be prevented in future...

Edwin Kempin

Apr 29, 2015, 7:42:28 AM4/29/15
to Björn Pedersen, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Also in our issue tracker we had a few of such spam comments in the past, which deleted manually.
As long as it's just a few, it can be handled like this, but it's quite annoying :(

Björn Pedersen

Apr 29, 2015, 8:04:15 AM4/29/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, ice...@googlemail.com

I would probably disable the comments altogether and just a line referring to this news group for request for addition. The comments (even the non-spam ones) do not really add value on this page anyway.

Björn