Corporate User License Agreement

jeffrey venoutsos

Jun 15, 2016, 3:53:26 PM6/15/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Can anyone point me in the direction of any available potential User License Agreements for Gerrit? Interested in pitching this for my dev team and want to make sure we don't violate any terms by using it on that level.

Shawn Pearce

Jun 15, 2016, 4:12:18 PM6/15/16
to jeffrey venoutsos, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
No, its open source covered by the Apache License 2.0. You can do whatever you want with it.

Restrictions (limited that they are) show up if you were to repackage Gerrit Code Review in another product and redistribute that product to users (e.g. "Gerrit-in-a-Box"). If you are planning to redistribute/resell Gerrit I would suggest asking your own legal advisors to review the license(s) involved and your obligations there-in. But if you just want to install it on your own server and use it within your group, go forth and do so. :)

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 11:58 AM, jeffrey venoutsos <jeff....@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone point me in the direction of any available potential User License Agreements for Gerrit? Interested in pitching this for my dev team and want to make sure we don't violate any terms by using it on that level.

Alex Blewitt

Jun 15, 2016, 4:40:45 PM6/15/16