Gerrit is not honoring forge author/committer permissions.

Joshua J. Kugler

Feb 13, 2015, 5:10:49 PM2/13/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
We are hitting this bug:

https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2495

The given user is in a group that allows author and committer forging, but
still spits back the error:

remote: ERROR: In commit 737aa28da328fab956a50fbc81fdbbeb0e97f10a
remote: ERROR: committer email address some...@foo.com
remote: ERROR: does not match your user account.
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR: The following addresses are currently registered:
remote: ERROR: somebo...@foo.com

remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR: To register an email address, please visit:
remote: ERROR: <our gerrit url>
remote:
remote:
To ssh://path/to/repo

Ideas?

Joshua J. Kugler - Fairbanks, Alaska
Azariah Enterprises - Programming and Website Design
jos...@azariah.com - Jabber: peda...@gmail.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/ ID 0x73B13B6A

Alex Blewitt

Feb 13, 2015, 5:22:49 PM2/13/15
to Joshua J. Kugler, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Are the refs that you are pushing to the same as the ones that you have granted permissions over? Does the project inherit from any other projects?

Alex

Sent from my iPhat 6
> --

Joshua J. Kugler

Feb 13, 2015, 5:32:12 PM2/13/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, Alex Blewitt
The refs on which the "forge" permissions are granted is refs/*

Are there others on which we'd need to set that?

Alex Blewitt

Feb 13, 2015, 6:19:30 PM2/13/15
to Joshua J. Kugler, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
That should be sufficient if there are no exclusive rights that take them away through inheritance or defined elsewhere in the project.

Alex

Sent from my iPhat 6

Joshua J. Kugler

Feb 13, 2015, 6:33:36 PM2/13/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
There are no exclusive or 'deny' permissions in the tree.

Which is why I think it might be a gerrit bug.

Matthias Sohn

Feb 14, 2015, 5:14:00 AM2/14/15
to Joshua J. Kugler, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
do the commits the user tries to push contain any rewritten merge commits the
Gerrit server has created earlier ? In that case the "Forge Server" permission is
required.

-Matthias

Joshua J. Kugler

Feb 14, 2015, 4:33:50 PM2/14/15
to Matthias Sohn, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thanks for the tip. Same error...even with Forge Server permission.