What is different usage attribute 'revision' with attribute 'des-branch' in element default.

Janghyun Baek

Nov 23, 2015, 7:42:22 PM11/23/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Guys,

I can't understand clearly what is different usage attribute 'revision' with attribute 'des-branch' in element default.

Could you please explain to me? If you can show me with example. That is perfect for me.

Thanks

David Pursehouse

Nov 25, 2015, 9:42:07 PM11/25/15
to Janghyun Baek, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
'revision' is the revision of the project that will be checked out.  It can be any git revision, i.e. a sha1, branch, or tag.

'dest-branch' is the name of the branch to which changes will be uploaded for review.

For example, you could set the 'revision' to be a fixed tag like 'v1.0.0' but 'dest-branch' to 'master'. In this case 'repo sync' would checkout the 'v1.0.0' tag and then any commits you make on that project will be pushed to 'refs/for/master' when you do 'repo upload'

Thanks

Janghyun Baek

Dec 2, 2015, 4:38:40 PM12/2/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, zir...@gmail.com